Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Hi I've just picked up on this thread. Timbuck what was the name of your band? I can then put a face to the name!!

Re Pete Fender, I have to agree he was a tremendous musician and a fantastic bloke I have very happy memories of my time with him.

He would almost certainly have been one of the greats if he hadn't been killed that night.

He'd dropped all of the band off before heading home, the theory is that he fell asleep at the wheel !!

i dont remember them but i heard quite alot of them because my dad listens to them lol so i have no choiuce but to listen to them aswell but some of them a really good as others arent.

this is a good page, but im looking for msmouse on here n i cant seem to find her i would have thought she would be on here actually but oviously not!

cyaz xxxx

GrahamY mentions the Greycats. Who were the members. I seem to think my Husbands Aunt used to sing with them. If it is she still sings a mean tune.

hi

alan wood who is now a music agent manages paul carrack ( who went to same school as myself ) used to play in band called the trackers with frank white the used to play in the cellar

of the acorn pub on shalesmoor which was vaulted and became known as sheffield`s cavern.

gleighton you mention your husbands aunt singing with the grey cats are we talking about pat leslie if so great vocalist

Originally posted by Lostrider

What about the Black Abbots, bloody funny, especilaay when he used to rise out of the coffin and spray blood over the audience. The front row used to C**P themselves. Vinegar Joe was superb especially when Elkie stripped down to her bra. Mike Patto what a sad loss, a very original band. Oh and Staus Quo in the "Going down the dustpipe" era. "Sheffields own Shape of the Rain. Brian the pedal steel guitarist plays with Dave Berry now I think. Don't know what happened to Tag the crazy drummer.

My dad ex SYPC said that there was a shoot out between the police & one of the Moony gang there in the old days. The original Black Swan I mean, pre-Blitz. Dont know how true it is.

Tag or Tag Waggert as he was known still lives in his old "village" of Eckington, he never left it really.

In the 2old days2 early 70's he could often be found travelling on the Booth and Fisher buses from Eckinton to Dronfield.

Originally posted by tonyland

Scott William Combo, now theres a name from the past, Dave Hawley played with Scott for a while, but for some reason they just couldn't get their act together, and unfortunately a very promising group sunk slowly into oblivion.

Jimmy Crawford (Ron Lindsay) whatever happed to him, he made a recording of the Ray Charles hit "Busted" down at the old Club 60 on Shalesmoor, and was I thought destined for stardom, but he seemed to fade away.

Does anyone out there know what happened to William Scott.

Tony Land ex Club 60 owner.

Wow I too was an ex Club 60 owner.

Around 1967/8 rented from a Mr Pallister.

Not on the grand scale as previous,we tried to compete with the Mojo,but never did.

Had some local groups on Bob Davis Mood,wherever they got too.Also The Rats from Hull.

Originally posted by owdlad

Originally posted by Lostrider

"Sheffields own Shape of the Rain. Brian the pedal steel guitarist plays with Dave Berry now I think. Don't know what happened to Tag the crazy drummer.

Last I heard of Tag he was working in Chesterfield for Bob who was the roadie for the band.

Has anyone got the LP they made called ..funnily enough Shape of the Rain. They were a good set of lads who would have made it big if the Buccaneer hadn't been more accesible.

I have a copy of the Record

Originally posted by holberry

hi

alan wood who is now a music agent manages paul carrack ( who went to same school as myself ) used to play in band called the trackers with frank white the used to play in the cellar

of the acorn pub on shalesmoor which was vaulted and became known as sheffield`s cavern.

The Acorn was the Actual Club 60,a club that I ran for a time,

where the stage was a Jail effect.

Originally posted by darnalldavid

The Acorn was the Actual Club 60,a club that I ran for a time,

where the stage was a Jail effect.

Any one know what happened to Chicago Line

or Bob Davis Mood or DD Watson and the Inn Crowd or Mickeys Monkeys

Scott William..real name Bill Goudie..used to do a double act with Joe Cocker on occasion at High Green Inn..I worked with him for a while in France, along with his guitarist mate Phil Crooks.

I Last saw Bill in Germany where he was singing and playing Bass with a top German Band who were gigging the American Bases over there..He was very popular with the German Musicians who called him "Scotty"..As far as I know he still lives over there.

Originally posted by Roysboy56

Hi I've just picked up on this thread. Timbuck what was the name of your band? I can then put a face to the name!!

Re Pete Fender, I have to agree he was a tremendous musician and a fantastic bloke I have very happy memories of my time with him.

He would almost certainly have been one of the greats if he hadn't been killed that night.

He'd dropped all of the band off before heading home, the theory is that he fell asleep at the wheel !!

Hi there Roy ..My first band was "Bob Andrews and the Questors"..

Then we became "The Four Blades" (managed by Jim Wilson of Cycling fame)