Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Wasn't it Chris Garfield? Did he grow up there? I live close to Allan Kirk long time keyboards with the Vagabonds (Now with Big Bussiness).

Sorry Garfield,

He moved there around 1966 i lived next door.

He watched himself on top of the pops in our house.I used to get free tickets when they played at the Fiesta but i think the band fell out with Jimmy over the money and Chris started on his own as the Vagabonds.

Sorry Garfield,

He moved there around 1966 i lived next door.

He watched himself on top of the pops in our house.I used to get free tickets when they played at the Fiesta but i think the band fell out with Jimmy over the money and Chris started on his own as the Vagabonds.

The Vagabonds was Jimmy's band name, I believe they chose Vagaband, there was always a problem over money, Jimmy wouldn't pay for a roadie or driver, even on TPTS they had to lug their own gear whilst all the other acts had roadies.

The band finaly left about 20 years ago (except Jimmy's son Mario) due to being expected to do Minehead one night and Ayr the next without roadie or driver and all for peanuts.

The Vagabonds was Jimmy's band name, I believe they chose Vagaband, there was always a problem over money, Jimmy wouldn't pay for a roadie or driver, even on TPTS they had to lug their own gear whilst all the other acts had roadies.

The band finaly left about 20 years ago (except Jimmy's son Mario) due to being expected to do Minehead one night and Ayr the next without roadie or driver and all for peanuts.

Thats more or less what Chris said.

P.S is he still playing i have seen a Chris Garfield in the Our Clubs Mag now and then.

Edited by cuttsie

Thats more or less what Chris said.

P.S is he still playing i have seen a Chris Garfield in the Our Clubs Mag now and then.

I'll check with my neighbour.

I think the term comes from the "Band of players" which was all encompassing no-matter what form of music.

Mick Jagger always refers to the Stones as a The Band.

Hello everyone. I am new to your forum. I live in Dallas, TX. I spent a week in Sheffield as a young boy and really loved and I have very fond memories. We were there at the invitation of the Blue Harmony Boys in the early 1060s. they were very close friends with us.

I am planning a trip to Europe next year with a few days in the U.K. What is a good hotel to stay at in Sheffield?

Thanks,

Jim

:loopy:Anyone remember. The hill Billy cats ??
At the Greengate High Green in 65?

At the Greengate High Green in 65?

Glad someone remembers,,,Had some great nights at Greengate,then down town to the favourita and the ocelot coffe bars

Got the right string baby but the wrong yoyo,,always remember that one

The "Cats" are still playing "The Office" Hillsborough on the 1st Friday of the month.

Hello everyone. I am new to your forum. I live in Dallas, TX. I spent a week in Sheffield as a young boy and really loved and I have very fond memories. We were there at the invitation of the Blue Harmony Boys in the early 1060s. they were very close friends with us.

I am planning a trip to Europe next year with a few days in the U.K. What is a good hotel to stay at in Sheffield?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, I recently stayed in Sheffield, mid August, at the Leopold Hotel. It's very central, near plenty of nightlife, and at a very reasonable price. I currently live on Long Island, NYC, but grew up in Sheffield - left in 1970.

Geoff

Thanks,

Jim

The Rutland Hotel

http://www.rutlandhotel-sheffield.com/

I have for sale reluctantly after all these years my 1964 Vox AC30.This amp started life from my days with the Scott William Combo and progressed with me through the Frank White Band,Steve Denton Band,The Vantennas,as well as depping in countless bands in the sixties/seventies including Chuck Fowler, Ray Stuarts Monsters and Joe Cockers band of the time.

The amp is in remarkable original condition and in first class order, complete with Vox padded cover,instruction manual and circuit diagram.

I am not asking telephone numbers as seen on Ebay,but would like a bit more than the £1400 offered by a local music store.............PM if interested.........Thanks.

was you in the monsters same time has bass player Paul Jarvis ?