Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

The muckyduck was great, the other place to be was the Union, Sat night. Blossom Toes (stereo guitars), Blodwyn Pig, Jeff Beck Group (feat Rod Stewart, Rupert scarf and all). Tried to chat up Julie Driscoll, until Brian Auger showed up. Cider 1/2d a pint. Happy daze.

Another Shape Of The Rain You Tube Post, This time the song ... Patterns!

Think that Shape of the Rain plugs should be put to bed now.

WE used to [ my pals and I ]

follow Joe [ Vance arnold]

every place he played at, we loved the music, but I was in love with the drummer, he did not know I existed.....he had a cute blonde girl friend at the time.

I was so jealous of her.

Did any one go to the twisted wheel, in manchester ...we did . met the animals, the rolling stones and many more groups

We used to hitch hike from Sheffiels to Manchester , many weekends,,,,,looking back now it is a miracle we are still alive....or parents thought we were at each others houses...

Hi Britrose,

Whitfender,Joe's number 2 guitarist.The lad you were fancying was Dave Memmott,he was our second drummer who took over from Steve McKenna,our first,... another 'Andsome' 'Arry'. Steve was our first real drummer when Joe came 'up-front'.

The little blonde was Sue White, whom Dave eventually married,as far as I know they are still together (quite a rare occurrence these days),In fact,both Bob Everson, (Hank Marvin lookalike and Joe's original school pal and "Bass man") and myself, are all still married to our original wives with many children, and now grandchildren between us.

Thanks for the memories,...all the best. WhiteFender.

I am at this very moment watching Frank White on Youtube - what memories come flooding back!!

thanks for the memories, I have lived in the states for a long time, but when woodstock was going on, I was in JApan, [ at that time my husband was an American serviceman I ended up here in Colorado , many years later.

And joe has a place here , but not close to me.

small world.

All my american friends . thought he had a medical condition, with the movements and " air guitar... ect. I said no that is how he expresses himself,

yes dave was his name, and he wore checked blue shirts and a leather jacket, glad he is happy.

I too am glad he is happy, I too am happy not only with my life but with my life I had in Sheffield in the sixties.

I wouldn't say we were exactly close friends but we often met in pubs and clubs to watch other bands.

My band went to watch him one night in the Arbourthorne and he saw us come in and inserted our names into the song he was singing!

Frank White Band, Scott William Combo, Dene Marshall and the Deputies, Dave Berry and the Cruisers, Frankenstein's Monsters...

Anybody remeber any of them, or are you all too young!!

I remember them all including the Twin Cities Beat Boys and the Flintstones (of Running Bear Fame!). I used to work With Barry Marshall Before he hit the "big time" and officially became Dean Marshall.

Hi: Does anyone remember a Sheffield Duo called Strings? Dave Rawson played amazing guitar. Gary was the vocalist. I would see them perform around 1975-76. Dave was a huge influence on me. I often wounder what happened to him.

I never actually saw them but I bumped into them a few times on the motorway services in the 70s.

One of them even remembered my Strat because it had a modified scratch plate!

I think their name was Strings Duo and then they increased to Strings Trio but I may be wrong.

Edited by zeke