Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Hi, TheDrib.

Yes i remember The Wildcats, though i didn't know any of them personally, and vaguely, remember the name Roger Millard, but there again didn't know him personally.

There were a lot of local groups in and around Sheffield in the 60's, makes you wonder where we all found gigs to play, and yes, i played Hillsborough Memo, it's still there as well, though looking a bit run down just like the rest of us i suppose.

I have an old photo of Ron, when he was with Square Circles, I'd post it on S.F. but don't know how to, so I'll send it to your personal e-mail if you like.

All the best, keep on rockin'.

BILLY.D

Hi Billy.D;

Would appreciate seeing the photo of Ronnie with the Square Circles.

Please send to my personal Email - geoffreyhb@optonline.net

Again - many thanks.

Geoff

Hi Bassman62;

Thanks for the great photo. Some good gear in that pic, and 'yes', I remember the Reslo mikes. I have repaired many of their 'damn' cables - I used to be the 'fixit' guy since I was into electronics at the time. Speaking of Gretsch, I purchased a 1960 6120 back in the early 90s. Just wish I could play it as well as Chet Atkins used to.....

Take it easy and hope you are still playing.

Geoff

New Shape Of The Rain post on You Tube. Search for SHAPE OF THE RAIN - WASTING MY TIME

Hi notlob.

Don't know if your still around, but with regards to your post of 23/09/09, thanks for the compliment you paid to my Dad, Bill Durrant.

Cheers

A band called Bittersweet had Barry Marshal singer and "Mitch" Mitchell on drums a brilliant club act in the 70s I believe;):thumbsup:

Hi notlob.

Don't know if your still around, but with regards to your post of 23/09/09, thanks for the compliment you paid to my Dad, Bill Durrant.

Cheers

Hi Billy, we worked for your Dad some years ago, he was great and straight with us with the added benefit that most of his work was local unlike some of the other agents who farmed you off with out of town agents, we also worked for 'Little Albert' (Hitchen) another one whose work was local.

Hi Bassman62,

Yes, i remember Albert Hitchen, he and my Dad were good friends, they used to book each others acts, which group were you playing with when you worked for my Dad ?

As i remember, my Dad managed most of the top groups in Sheffield at one point, including Bittersuite, Johnny Calender & Seventh Heaven, Green Carnation, and Fresh Ground, but to name a few

Hi Bassman62,

Yes, i remember Albert Hitchen, he and my Dad were good friends, they used to book each others acts, which group were you playing with when you worked for my Dad ?

As i remember, my Dad managed most of the top groups in Sheffield at one point, including Bittersuite, Johnny Calender & Seventh Heaven, Green Carnation, and Fresh Ground, but to name a few

I was in a three piece called 'Clearway' in the 70s, not a well known outfit but always busy.

Just Found Today, the latest Shape Of The Rain Posting on You Tube - 'Willowing Trees'. Hope that you enjoy.

Edited by KILLAMAROY

Another Shape Of The Rain Post on You Tube, discovered today. This time the track 'Woman', accompanied by a Great Video, which must be seen by those interested in the Band!

Only young at the time but well remember bands playing at the TOP CAT CLUB Catcliffe (catcliffe memorial hall) saturday nights.

Ray vern and the chequers

Bob andrews and the questors

Steelbeats

i wish i had kept all the businesss cards that they used to give me .. along with the drumsticks and steel brushes .. i was the envy of my classmates!!