Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

I believe they were also called Jigsaw at one point.

Hi Tony where you been get in contact

Hi Dave, I'm living in california now, (long story)just taken up singing again after a 12 year break, once it gets in yer blood !!!, how do I get in touch with you ie. email, phone, Tony.

Frank White Band, Scott William Combo, Dene Marshall and the Deputies, Dave Berry and the Cruisers, Frankenstein's Monsters...

Anybody remeber any of them, or are you all too young!!

Frank White Band are still on the go. We see them at the White Lion on London road, but does anyone remember the night club that was in the old warehouse that is now on the end of the Leadmill ?

We went there in the mid 60s, but I can't remember It,s name. The doormen used to give you a piece of wallpaper as a pass if you went out ?

Frank White Band are still on the go. We see them at the White Lion on London road, but does anyone remember the night club that was in the old warehouse that is now on the end of the Leadmill ?

We went there in the mid 60s, but I can't remember It,s name. The doormen used to give you a piece of wallpaper as a pass if you went out ?

.............the 'Esquire Club'

.............the 'Esquire Club'

Many thank's for that Carol. I remember it was a long climb up the stairs.

Hello, I'm new to the forums, I'm looking for some information on a band called "Travellers Express" who played around Sheffield in the late 1960's.

In particular the drummer, he may have had the nickname of "Smokie" and is of Caribbean decent.

Thanks

Hi there,

A group that I use to go and see was Glen Dale and the Candies, Glen and drummer Gary were ex Fortunes.

Around that time were the 4Mimes, lizards, Frank White Combo, O'hara's Playboys, Joe Cocker, Dave Berry, and many more that I can't remember .

Mick

---------- Post added 14-12-2013 at 23:04 ----------

Edited by Micklister

Ponders End?

Logo like a London tube station?

The back drop was of an Diesel train bursting out of a tunnel. The guys who painted it were called Grafix, they were from Mexborough I think. The first backdrop they did was for our old band " Merlin" . I still have it in me garage!!

---------- Post added 28-12-2013 at 17:54 ----------

YES....BRILL THE 60S......HAS IT FINISHED YET????STILL GETTING BANDS TOGETHER...MUST HAVE FORMED 30+ BY NOW...LOVE TO HERE FROM OLD FRIENDS/MUSOS ....PLEASE CONTACT....S R WALKER....:loopy::rant::thumbsup:

Now then, SR Walker, used to live on Marlcliffe road I remember. I also remember we tried to get a band together with Albert Darley on bass, I've seen his name mentioned on here before, can't remember for the life of me who the drummer was...he was a mate of Alberts though. What you up to now, see you're in Devon. My old Merlin mate Steve Romaniuk lives in Paignton now as well. Must be the place to be !!

any body remember a band I once saw at Woodseats WMC (now gone so I,m told) called Uncle Rotters Pig Meat band---they were totally different --played non stream music and didn,t try to drown each other out-- other good groups may be early 70s --saw Grantham Street Life---plenty of horns--

mid to late seventies a few of us, couples by then, used to do the s8 wmc circuit, one of our favourites was a beltin cover band called stormer, did the likes of run for home,wild west hero, davy's on the road again etc, a top night out garanteed.

best band i ever saw at the esquire was jimmy powell and the dimensions ,rod stewart was the warm up man,think he went on to ern a bob or two