Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Mike, would that be Don Allison on lead?

What about the Baron Knights, The Rave Ons, Eric Baxter and his orchestra and the female singer that sang with the band ( can't remember her name)

Does anybody on the forum know any of the names in the list below.

They were all in bands from '61 to 68, in particular the same band as me.

Eric Wells (bass)

Andre Mignon (rhythm/lead)

Mick Oliver (bass)

Tony Warburton (bass)

Brian Eades (manager)

Roger Partridge (singer)

Especially Eric Wells as we were best mates right up to when the band broke up in '68.

A little kown fact of Sheffield history is that my group, Who's Who?, was the one to give Pete Stringfellow his big chance when we started running dances in the Tower ballroom.

This was to become the Mojo Club!

He had something we did not have...money!!

The rest, as they say, is history!!!

This is great news! I would love to be in touch again after so many years. Please pass a message to him & see if he wants to get in touch

Just when you thought you could forget the distant past some-one wants to relive it! :roll:

Don't know about you Graham Y, but I think we should accept that we're badling old F**ts and enjoy what's left of our lives, rather than reliving our 60's glory days of legends in our lunchtime!

Go see some of todays country bands, they knock the socks of what we used to be. :D

(Except the great Dave Hawley who could still hold his own with any of them!!)

Which country bands?

Do we have some in Sheff or are you talkin about americans. I'm more into Acoustic music myself, but I do like a bit of country

Mostly American I'm afraid, Steve Early is coming next month, BR549 in a couple of weeks (to Mansfield Rd ballroom), Alison Moorer brought her band there last year, have a look at www.jewelspromotions.com

Stuart books most of the visiting bands.

Most of the locals I've heard are strictly working men's club standard (as we were in the 60's, and I don't mean to criticise, it's just that country music can't be done with any British regional accent and there's nothing worse than a phoney American one!)

Hey Donny be good

The great Steve Earle, had more coke up his nose than a 2 yr old trying to drink out of a can of pepsi.

he produced one of my all time great songs, and funny enough its called

Honey be Good by The Bible (underated band from the UK starring Boo Hewerdine and Neil Mcoll (Kirsty's Brother))

Check it out - Download it off the net you won't be dissapointed

Does Dave Hawley still play around Sheffield, is he in a band.

Just heard his son Richard Hawley has rescheduled his gig at the leadmill, he had to cancel due to problems with his hand.

One other point the Old Mucky Duck (Black Swan) is still one of Sheffield top music venues. Now called the Boardwalk.

www.theboardwalklive.co.uk