Where can I get a Student Discount in Sheffield?

How do they get in £20,000 debt when leaving Uni ???? running an household with bills and children, Iv'e never been in that much debt, I never spend or buy what I can't afford, so why can't they????

£3000 per year tuition fees

£3000 per year maintenance loan

x 3 year course

£18,000

I take it from your poor maths skills you have never been to uni, and that is why you have never been in that much debt.

to keep on tack,

try out studentbeans.com they're very useful!!! 2 4 1 cinema tickets at cineworld, mon-thurs, so you dont have to compete with orange wednesday people :) also lots of 2 4 1 meals out incase you can afford to go out for fodd! used them a few times and if (like me yawn) you're determined to keep your pennies and stick to tsap water, you can get a lovely meal out for a fiver!

I've used that website loads while being a student, mine ends at the end of this month :(

Enjoy your student time while you have it, i'll definately miss it!

Students get enough bloody discounts, I'm sure if you do some research you can find out. What about discounts for single income households, rather than for someone funded by Mum and Dad? Nowhere, that's where.

I am a student, and I get loads of discounts. Deal with it!

I am a student, and I get loads of discounts. Deal with it!

Good on ya mate :)

Seems like society is full of people hating on others.:(

I get an NUS card, I'm an adult doing voluntary work 2 days a week to get into the job I want. We don't get any discounts my hubby works.

So WOW I get 10% at some clothes shops! Big deal.

When people think of students they think of kids or teeneagers at college/uni. Not mature adults doing a p/t course!!!

Oh and we can't even use our NUS cards on the tram or buses coa u got to be under 21. Which in my eyes is disgusting!!!

Edited by miaowwoof

I get an NUS card, I'm an adult doing voluntary work 2 days a week to get into the job I want. We don't get any discounts my hubby works.

So WOW I get 10% at some clothes shops! Big deal.

When people think of students they think of kids or teeneagers at college/uni. Not mature adults doing a p/t course!!!

Oh and we can't even use our NUS cards on the tram or buses coa u got to be under 21. Which in my eyes is disgusting!!!

You can't use your NUS card on a bus? I can, and I am 26, so what's different about yours?!?

Edited to add: 50p any journey on most or all Stagecoach buses, and a cheaper weekly saver on First buses.

Students get enough bloody discounts, I'm sure if you do some research you can find out. What about discounts for single income households, rather than for someone funded by Mum and Dad? Nowhere, that's where.

here here, i work and can just manage, AND DONT GET ANY DISCOUNTS!!!!!!!! instead of worrying about discounts start to learn basic things like when the lights are at green it means cars have the right to move, not students!!!!!!!!!! waste of money the lot of en.

here here, i work and can just manage, AND DONT GET ANY DISCOUNTS!!!!!!!! instead of worrying about discounts start to learn basic things like when the lights are at green it means cars have the right to move, not students!!!!!!!!!! waste of money the lot of en.

So are your nurses a waste of money too then?

hi.most students have expensive taste,from eating,to i phones,t shirts ,trainers,night life,now when i was a lad,we had it hard.but i do own a garage and i do try to help students as some of them will be away from home,also most students live in difrent would,my 21 year old boy does not now the the name of next road with out the use of a tom tom,yet he study medical at hallem uni.Faz

hi.most students have expensive taste,from eating,to i phones,t shirts ,trainers,night life,now when i was a lad,we had it hard.but i do own a garage and i do try to help students as some of them will be away from home,also most students live in difrent would,my 21 year old boy does not now the the name of next road with out the use of a tom tom,yet he study medical at hallem uni.Faz

Does Hallam now offer medicine, I thought only the University of Sheffield did this course here in Sheffield?

I get so angry when people, usually those who have never been to uni, or who went years ago when grants were on offer, student-bash on here.

I have been both a student and a full-time, council tax-paying worker, and this past year that I have spent as a postgraduate student has been the hardest of my life.

Postgraduates do not get a student loan. I have borrowed money from relatives, along with using money I have saved from when I was working, and money I earn from my part-time job, to support myself. I am poor. I do not know how I am going to pay my next utility bill. I live in a tiny room.

I work a seven-day week, including evenings as well as the day-time, combining my academic and paid work. Weekends do not exist for me. Neither do holidays. I cannot wait to finish my degree and go back to the world of work, where I will actually get time off at the end of every week.

So, student-bashers, as you sit in your multi-roomed houses, relaxing and enjoying your weekend, do not begrudge me 10% off a pair of jeans (for the rare times I can actually justify buying clothes). Thanks.

Edited by katey_85

just count your tax credits.....