Forehead-slapping moments of stupidity?

last week it was time to pick my daughter up from school, I was searching the house trying to find where Id left my flip flops, after 5 minutes of cursing I realised I was wearing them. The day after whilst at work I realised Id only got one fag left, so I nipped in a shop that I was passing and bought 20, then drove to morrisons to put diesel in the vehicle and remembered Id only got one fag left, so bought 20. Drove back to station to a bulging pocket only to find I had 40 fags, think Im losing the plot :hihi:

I remember in my school years leaving a message on a friends answering machine, but instead of saying 'Hi Jim (his name), it's Bob here*', I said 'Hi Bob* (my name), it's Jim here instead, realising my mistake I swore a lot, had a whole conversation with myself, cursing my stupidity. The worse thing was I couldn't delete the message, leaving both him and his parents to discover my stupidity & foul mouth!

*Names have been changed to protect my identity ;)

ive been very silly today

i went to the toilet, remembered to lock the door and turn the bolt so it couldn't shuffle out (dodgy lock) then lifted up the toilet seat, sat down and fell in... then walked back through the salon giggling to myself

I remember in my school years leaving a message on a friends answering machine, but instead of saying 'Hi Jim (his name), it's Bob here*', I said 'Hi Bob* (my name), it's Jim here instead, realising my mistake I swore a lot, had a whole conversation with myself, cursing my stupidity. The worse thing was I couldn't delete the message, leaving both him and his parents to discover my stupidity & foul mouth!

*Names have been changed to protect my identity ;)

That's so funny! Tickled me no end - I have been sat here howling with tears running down my face - hubby thinks l'm mental!:loopy:

Now for my stupid moments..........

The other week I made a special trip to the doctors to post a prescription order form into a little box on the counter - and then went onto Crystal Peaks to do the shopping. Looking in my bag for my shopping list - I found the prescription form. Guess where the shopping list was? - yeh, in the box at the doctors!

I once got on the wrong bus in Meadowhall - I can't remember what number it was, but it was going the wrong direction (right number on the front) - so I went a tour of the north side of the city, went back to Meadowhall, then went on a tour of the other half of the city. It took me about 3 hours to get home - should have been about 20 minutes on the right tram!

I once went to meadowhall,parked my car then went shopping,came back and put the keys in the boot to unlock it,alarm went off,oh dear (or words to that effect) I`ve forgot to disable the alarm.Then in an instant I though I havn`t got an alarm.There was a lot of explaining to the owners of the car who were right behind me:loopy: The car I had tried to get into was the same model, colour and the reg was very simular to mine:hihi:

I once went to meadowhall,parked my car then went shopping,came back and put the keys in the boot to unlock it,alarm went off,oh dear (or words to that effect) I`ve forgot to disable the alarm.Then in an instant I though I havn`t got an alarm.There was a lot of explaining to the owners of the car who were right behind me:loopy: The car I had tried to get into was the same model, colour and the reg was very simular to mine:hihi:

Sat laughing reading your post & glad to hear i'm not the only one who's done that.... I too once parked up in Meadowhall and after shopping went back to my car. Was clicking the button on the key fob to unlock the car to no avail. I started cursing thinking the fob was broken so tried putting the key in the driver's door frantically trying to get in. Took about 3 or 4 minutes before i was aware that there was a child's seat in the back (my child was 16 at the time). I'd been so intent on getting in the car that I hadn't noticed that the owners were stood watching me as well. :blush: I apologised profusely explained i really wasn't trying to steal their car and turned round to find my car parked at the side of theirs.

Fortunately they were very good about it. I can tell you i've been a lot more vigilant since then.:hihi:

I was about 8 /9 and my family and I were travelling over Woodhead and I just made the comment "How do sheep manage to stay on the hills like that" my dads reply to this was "because they have 2 legs shorter on one side than the other" yes yes yes I believed him!!! please bare in mind though I was only 8ish and at that age you believed everything your parents tell you, however.........I was travelling again over woodhead when I had a lightbulb moment and thought "well if they came of the side of the hill then they would hobble with having two legs shorter than the other" I have to confess that I was aged 18 when that thought came into my head DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I used a self service till at Tesco, put £95 worth of shopping through went to grab my wallet out of my back pocket but the pocket was empty, the feeling I got when I realised I had left my wallet at home on the side was one I wont forget for a while. Luckily the staff where very understanding and let me go home and fetch my wallet shame it was an 8 mile trip!

I have a friend who lost an eye in a work accident and he has a glass eye now, my other half asked me if he could see out of it the other day which was rather funny.

Best till last:

A friend of my Dads went to the local pub in his brand new £350 leather jacket, he hung it up as normal and went to play darts have a few (to many) beers. Later when the pub was empty he went back to get his jacket but it was gone, there was however another jacket so as it was cold he thought he would take this one. He got home to his wife and before she could say anything to him about the jacket he was wearing he went into a mental rant at his wife. "Look at this Sarah he said some bugger has taken my brand new leather jacket and swapped it with this horrible silky thing, cheeky gets I cant believe it I thought I could trust people in that pub and the worst bit is a knew every single one of the people in there tonight so I will be having serious words with them all tomorrow" His wife was holding back tears of laughter at this point. He carried on "look at this its crap its so uncomfortable as well no wonder they took my jacket and left me with this" his wife turned to him fit to burst "John you fool it is your leather jacket, you have put it on inside out"

Names changed and a bit of swearing changed for obvious reasons.

Edited by Danny_Boy
spelling

When I was much much younger I was bored one day and though, I wonder what polish looks like as its coming out of the aerosol can" ... yes you guessed it, I sprayed myself in square in the face with polish!

When I was much much younger I was bored one day and though, I wonder what polish looks like as its coming out of the aerosol can" ... yes you guessed it, I sprayed myself in square in the face with polish!

Aha - so that explains the one-eyed avatar, then!! :hihi:

I started on the 13 December 1960 and have been slapping it on an almost hourly basis ever since.

Stupidity and I go together like....

Like...

Eggs and pomegranites.

I started on the 13 December 1960 and have been slapping it on an almost hourly basis ever since.

Stupidity and I go together like....

Like...

Eggs and pomegranites.

Don't put yourself down, sweetheart. You progressed from mere stupidity to total idiocy years ago!!! :love: