Justice for Matt (Greyhound) - Update on Progress

Mod note

For the very last time, you are all being asked to remain civil. There has been a note to say that holidays will be issued should you not stay on topic. Let me remind you again that that is the case.

There is an existing thread regarding the rights and wrongs of greyhound racing, and all discussion of that should remain in there. We will also not tolerate off topic bickering.

This is a final warning.

Thank you everybody.

this thread is for telling people the progress of Molly....if you want to have a debate about the rights and wrongs of going to the dogs...do it on another thread please...you know it makes sense...

cheers mate..hope you are feeling better...good night mate...she did us proud...the lads partied through into the early hours...imagine what they'll do if she wins....let you know when she races again...
eyup EB im feelin a little better thanks, have you all had hangovers lol, im determined to get down to owlerton to watch her race so please do keep us informed of when mollys next racing, cheers mate:thumbsup:

i'd just like to thank jodieb and ginger daddy for giving me an insight into greyhound racing,they accussed me of exploiting Molly for personal gain and people who know me know that i've just about bought all my family a share in our greyhound.....with the wedge i lost on saturday i'm now down a few hundred quid....

but they got me thinking...if they say i'm guilty of the exploitaton of greyhounds i might as well look into if buying into the industry is a viable business opportunity...i've done some groundwork and found that one trainer alone raced 45 dogs last week....and that was at one meeting...even if none of them won a race he earnt himself...£1800.

not bad for 5 days work...

so cheers to my two new friends who may have opened another door for me..thank you

eyup EB im feelin a little better thanks, have you all had hangovers lol, im determined to get down to owlerton to watch her race so please do keep us informed of when mollys next racing, cheers mate:thumbsup:

she's resting now for three weeks mate but will keep you informed....off to spain friday for a well earned rest....might take in a bull fight....only joking...

just to keep you updated about our molly,she is none too worse after her racing debut and was bounding about the paddock on sunday,and chasing the kids around the track..because she is now in season her racing days are curtailed for three weeks before she trials and if she reaches her allotted time then a race is on the cards,if not it's another couple of weeks rest....we have now got her sky tv in her penthouse suite and when we left her sunday she was sat watching lassie come home...what a life she's got..lovely in it...

molly would have run today if she had been out of season...but don't worry she'll be raring to go once she's had her three weeks of well earned rest.....

just to let you know molly has she is fondly known is still resting after making her racing debut a few weeks ago,she is sidelined for another seven weeks due to women's troubles....

then she should be raring to go in dec/jan....

got a fundraising day this sunday in birley hotel from 2pm.....too boost our molly fund......can never do enough for a good lady......

on the matthew campaign front just heard that the greeks have set up an incident room up on the isle of zante....

you never know someone may soon get nicked for his murder.....

spoke to matt's dad this morning and he told me that there is a meeting in dec with mp's at westminster to put pressure on the greeks to get their fingers out to stop anymore brit's getting killed....four families will attend this meeting along with he's been told max clifford who is getting behind the campaign......on the molly front we are well on the way to reaching our target of four grand.......in shares sold...fundraiser today in birley hotel....all welcome....

raised another £248 for our flying machine....can always rely on the punters in the birley hotel to party.....what a session a good 8 hours on the lash......and up for work bright and early.....

molly ready to run in 5 weeks........owlerton doing us a good deal if anyone fancies it...keep you informed...

If Molly is sidelined all this time it looks to me that owning a greyhound or training them does not look like a good business deal at all. Dogs still need feeding, vets bills, other overheads like staff wages, elecricity etc. No wonder the industry is on it's backside!

If Molly is sidelined all this time it looks to me that owning a greyhound or training them does not look like a good business deal at all. Dogs still need feeding, vets bills, other overheads like staff wages, elecricity etc. No wonder the industry is on it's backside!

molly is in season....and no molly is not a business venture....at present she's cost us a grand with no return....but who cares it's only money

the real money in greyhounds is buying a dozen cheap dogs getting them to race six days a week....collect the racing fees which at present are about £40 a race even if the dog only gets in 10 races a month each dog brings in about 4/5 grand a year....you look at the top trainers they get in about 50 races a week......nice little earner...beats working for a living....

the bigger money though is in ireland where not only do they race a fluffy bunny round a track they chase real hares....