Justice for Matt (Greyhound) - Update on Progress

Several off topic posts, personal insults etc have been removed.

Any further personal insults will result in bans being issued.

Notice that things are getting a bit out of hand on this thread. I wonder, is it because Greyhound Racing is getting a bad press because of all the injuries and fatalities? I'm sure that everyone is shocked at the way Matt was treated and would be behind an enquiry into what happened to him. As for the Greyhound industry, well, it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not sure the two issues compliment each other.

Notice that things are getting a bit out of hand on this thread. I wonder, is it because Greyhound Racing is getting a bad press because of all the injuries and fatalities? I'm sure that everyone is shocked at the way Matt was treated and would be behind an enquiry into what happened to him. As for the Greyhound industry, well, it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not sure the two issues compliment each other.

i dont think the threads getting out of hand that much its just 2 persons who come on the thread and try to get it closed pretty sad if you think about it

Molly came 4th - crowded and bumped - not surprisingly AT THE FIRST BEND!

Molly came 4th - crowded and bumped - not surprisingly AT THE FIRST BEND!
eyup jodie, no matter where she came its a good start, well done molly

Mod note

For the very last time, you are all being asked to remain civil. There has been a note to say that holidays will be issued should you not stay on topic. Let me remind you again that that is the case.

There is an existing thread regarding the rights and wrongs of greyhound racing, and all discussion of that should remain in there. We will also not tolerate off topic bickering.

This is a final warning.

Thank you everybody.

Aww well done Molly (that's such a nice name!!). :D

eyup jodie, no matter where she came its a good start, well done molly

just got back mate...what a night...it was emotional...lads and lasses did us proud...just under 50 turned up...ran a very good race and finished strong...so proud of what we've done...seeing so many smiling happy people even though we'd done in enough money to feed a small country...but despite what people say we are not in this to make money for the shareholders...we are keeping the campaign going....everytime they shut this thread down another will reappear.....we are not going away....

Hi Eastbank

On another thread, when I questioned whether buying Swiss Roll/Molly was purely a business arrangement, you confirmed yes - that was 'correct' and went on to assure me that you had 'sold 62 shares that works out at £2480....got a spare £1480 at present...told the lads this dinner about your concern....if we needed a grand t'morrow for vets bills....could take us a few hours to raise it.....'

You have also stated that a separate bank account has been set purely for this business arrangement - are you now saying that is not correct?

just got back mate...what a night...it was emotional...lads and lasses did us proud...just under 50 turned up...ran a very good race and finished strong...so proud of what we've done...seeing so many smiling happy people even though we'd done in enough money to feed a small country...but despite what people say we are not in this to make money for the shareholders...we are keeping the campaign going....everytime they shut this thread down another will reappear.....we are not going away....
i fully appreciate feelings are running high at the moment on certain issues so well done to you & your shareholders & a very big well done to molly. i will actively keep an eye on her progress in the future be it on here or from yourself down at owlerton, well done

Hi Eastbank

On another thread, when I questioned whether buying Swiss Roll/Molly was purely a business arrangement, you confirmed yes - that was 'correct' and went on to assure me that you had 'sold 62 shares that works out at £2480....got a spare £1480 at present...told the lads this dinner about your concern....if we needed a grand t'morrow for vets bills....could take us a few hours to raise it.....'

You have also stated that a separate bank account has been set purely for this business arrangement - are you now saying that is not correct?

Molly belongs to the Matthew Cryer Memorial Trust and shares valued at £40 were sold to friends and family,there are 100 on offer,when all are sold that makes £4000,Molly cost us £884 and we estimate our kennel bill will be about £160 a month,we are also hosting a fundraising day in the birley hotel to boost Molly's fund.

everyone attending know this....at our next meeting we may transfer cash to the account that helps the youth of the area....we are also having a sponsored walk to middlesbrough and a matthew cryer fundraising day on the fa cup final saturday.......

any money Molly recieves,at no time will a dividend be paid to any shareholder...

i mean if Molly had 10 races and won them all...the prize money would total about £900......that would give a return to each shareholder at less than a tenner....

what we would do is donate that to the trust fund...i mean better to give the kids the money than share it with people who don't really need the cash..

might say to our kid lets buy a greyhound it'll cost us a grand...and it will cost us a few hundred quid to keep it....and in return the prize money might just cover that....he'd say that's a right business idea...were did you get that one from......see jobied no matter how you put it across the ammount of publicity Molly has created is worth every single penny the lads have put in...ps she is now being rested for three weeks before she races again....top business man me letting our greyhound sit around while we pick up the bill...in fact i might just buy another greyhound myself because i can....what's money anyway...you can't take it with you....

i fully appreciate feelings are running high at the moment on certain issues so well done to you & your shareholders & a very big well done to molly. i will actively keep an eye on her progress in the future be it on here or from yourself down at owlerton, well done

cheers mate..hope you are feeling better...good night mate...she did us proud...the lads partied through into the early hours...imagine what they'll do if she wins....let you know when she races again...