Has your home been selected for a 'random survey'

A few weeks ago I got a letter from the council stating that my home had been randomly selected - basically they want someone from an independent firm to do a mini quality survey of my home and the data gathered would allegedly be processed anonymously into a housing report

Today someone turned up on the doorstep to do the survey, naturally I refused him entry because I didn't want him disturbing the illegal immigrants that are working on the cannabis farm in the cellar.*

He commented that lots of people had refused him entry, mainly because the general public are suspicious that the survey will be used instead for re-evaluating the rateable value of the property.

Has anyone else had a letter saying that their home has been selected? If so, will you let them in?

* I'm only Joking! I hate people who take drugs. (Especially customs officers.)

I think I would have rang the council after receiving the letter and told them to re-think their plans!

Is your house Council owned? If so then they might have some rights to do this. If it's private they have absolutely no rights at all.

I certainly wouldn't allow anybody to come snooping through my house unless of course they had a legal right and a very good reason.

So in answer to your question........NO, I wouldn't let them in.

I think it may be so that the council can complete their Housing Market Assessment (HMA), although would be worth calling the section if you need further info, as far as I'm aware it is randomly selected, they need a random selection of private houses, rented properties and whatever eles they can get. Can't remember what they need the info for but maybe google will have the answer.

Had a random caller to our private house today from the Waterboard. Officail guy in Waterboard van with id, to check if any bacteria in our water supply. He took squabs from water supply and filled some bottles.

Our water appears to be ok, but he was sending the samples to the lab for further testing.

Guest sibon
I think it may be so that the council can complete their Housing Market Assessment (HMA), although would be worth calling the section if you need further info, as far as I'm aware it is randomly selected, they need a random selection of private houses, rented properties and whatever eles they can get. Can't remember what they need the info for but maybe google will have the answer.

They don't need the information for anything at all. My house is fine as it is and I don't want the council inventing a reason to collect data about it. Judging by many posts on here, they would be better spending the money improving their council housing to a decent standard intead of snooping.

I rather hope that I will be "randomly selected":rolleyes:

I recently received a letter from the council saying my house had been randomly selected. This was followed a few days later by a visit. I refused and sent him away. How much all this is costing us and why?

Probably not asked us because we don't have any randoms