October 1st 2009 - boycott the buses

Has anybody seen the group on facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148016420675&index=1

A few hundred people reckon they will boycott the buses. I will be doing so myself.

The weather forecast is nice tomorrow, you could boycott them yourselves, ideally by walking, but you could cycle or even get the car out.

I've been doing this for years since i was old enough to walk and drive a car.

Quote from FB page "By making October 1st Boycott The Buses Day companies will be forced to take action" -- eer why? After just one day?

As previous posters have said, if like me you have already paid for a weekly or monthly ticket it makes no difference to the bus companies. Less hassle and stops for them in theory.

Plus I agree with what total choas said .....

"so what does everyone who boycotts it tomorrow do on the 2nd?use the bus again lol."....and the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc......

It's just self imposed hassle for those that choose to boycott.

Im no huge fan of Sheff buses and their continuously spiraling bus fares - but needs must, Im not walking 15 miles to get to work and back I'll use my weekly ticket thank you ;)

Boycott the buses....what's a bus....not seen one on Middlewood Road (with the exception of the STL which doesn't stop where I live) since the flooding....the companies are boycotting us.....not enough profit apparently.

Tonight there was a bus broken down someone along the yellow route....so we didn't have a tram for ages either.....wonder if "they" will run special buses for us when the Tram goes on strike....otherwise we shall be abandoned. No!!! thought not :mad:

Edited by julado

dont worry

it wont be that long before the drivers boycott the buses (if they dont get their payrise)

so it might be a good idea to combine the two!

I'll join in! Oh wait, I haven't been on a bus for years...

I too will add my support for the boycott tommorrow, and for the day after, and the weekend, and up until xmas.

In fact I'll probably boycott the buses for the next few years