Info about Clinical Support Workers at the Northern General?

Hi i'm thinking of trying to apply for a job doing clinical support work at the northern general hospital, does anyone do it and what do you do on a day to day basis, also is it really hard work and do you work in teams or on your own? Thanks for any answers.

Interested in this also as I notice they have clinical support vacancies frequently.

My Wife and daughter are and they`ve worked on a couple of wards. It depends on the ward where you work on how manual it is. My wife sometimes works on her own but i think as a norm they work in teams of 2 or more depending on how much lifting is involved

Hi i'm thinking of trying to apply for a job doing clinical support work at the northern general hospital, does anyone do it and what do you do on a day to day basis, also is it really hard work and do you work in teams or on your own? Thanks for any answers.

Is it the technical clinical support workers currently advertised on the website? If it is the job involves taking bloods, putting in cannulas and taking ECG's. You tend to work in teams, but also on your own. As with any job, there are quiet times and busy times. HTH.

Hi there

Ive done this job for 10years at the hospital now, i love it, it's great, you have alot of support from staff and managers when you work at the hospital, you wont be left till you feel confident to work on your own, it depends where you work really.

yOU WILL GET A HAND OVER ON EVERY WARD, THEN START BUY ASSISTING PAITENTS OUT OF BED FOR WASHES AND B/FAST MAKE BEDS, DO BLOOD PREASSURES whoops didnt realise caps was on lol, give out lunchs, work along nurses and doctors to do jobs, general tidying & cleaning... there is alsorts to do, like i said all depends on what wards you work on...