Private Hire Taxi drivers short-changing customers - Beware!

This thread is 5 years old!

Why can't the mods lock threads like this- they just confuse everyone.

This thread is 5 years old!

Why can't the mods lock threads like this- they just confuse everyone.

Just say it happened in pagehall and it will most likely get locked soon.

Did this happen also to some other forum member with a taxi?.

This is why (even thou my friends think i am mad) i mark my £20 notes before i spend them to prove i give them the note, and it has help a couple of times when people try to short change me, the look on their face is pricelss.

The other poster used city cars and didn't even realise they had been given £4 instead of £14 so there is no comparison and I have to say although Mercury handled it badly I have used them for years and never had any problems with them and they are a lot cheaper than city cars

The other poster used city cars and didn't even realise they had been given £4 instead of £14 so there is no comparison and I have to say although Mercury handled it badly I have used them for years and never had any problems with them and they are a lot cheaper than city cars

Very wrong City or Cheaper than Mecury taxi's ...........

Just a word of warning CITY TAXIS are short changing their customers again, 50 pence change from £20 for a 12 mile journey,lost our business now.

Just a word of warning CITY TAXIS are short changing their customers again, 50 pence change from £20 for a 12 mile journey,lost our business now.

Was it exactly 12 miles?

If so, the correct fare should have been £19.20.

Did you ask for your 30p?

But then again, did you agree your fare in advance?

Hi there

Just thought I'd make Sheffield Forummers aware of this: on Saturday night, I got a Mercury taxi (fare of £4) and gave the driver a £20 note. He gave me £6 change. When I explained I'd given him £20, he became aggressive and told me I'd given him £10. He then showed me a £10 note which he said I'd given him. This is evidently a scam he is using. I've lodged a complaint with the police and also the company but, the company believe the taxi driver over myself and defended his aggressive stance also - saying that it would be normal to get aggressive if being accused of soimething they did not do. As a lone female passenger in the car, I was scared by his manner and felt bullied into taking the wrong change. Therefore, I suppose I'm just wanting to say, if you do get a Mercury cab, please try not to pay with a £20 note or clearly say you are paying with a £20 before handing it to them. I did take down the driver's details and will be passing this onto the the enforcement officer also for them to investigate.

NB: I've used Mercury for several years now and this is the only time something like this has happened. Needless to say, I will not be using them anymore but I do recognise that this was perhaps one bad egg in a bunch of good and honest drivers.

Another reason that it would have to be a cold day in hell for me to use a taxi in Sheffield most but not all smell of sick inside,and now this new dodge.

New dodge? Original post was 28/9/2009!

---------- Post added 07-03-2016 at 11:12 ----------

[/color]

Very wrong City or Cheaper than Mecury taxi's ...........

Mercury Taxis no longer exist.

When arsenal posted Mercury did exist.