Parson Cross Community Development Forum - Free Courses

The Parson Cross Community Development Forum is currently running a set of free courses, with times and dates as follows:

Confidence Building: Fridays from 9:30 to 11:30, starting September 18th, ending November 27th.

Basic IT: Thursdays 2:00 to 4:00, starting September 17th, ending September 26th.

You are welcome to join the classes at any time. These are not accredited courses.

Future Courses:

Word Processing: Thursdays 2:00 to 4:00, starting December 3rd, ending February 25th.

Literacy & Numeracy: Fridays 9:30 to 11:30, starting December 4th, ending February 26th.

Nutrition & Well Being: Fridays 9:00 to 11:00, starting January 15th, ending March 26th.

Office Skills & Telephone Techniques: Thursdays 2:00 to 4:00, starting March 4th, ending May 20th.

Sage Accounting: Fridays 9:30 to 11:30, starting March 5th, ending May 20th.

For further information, you should contact the Forum on (0114) 249 5129. We are located at 47 Margetson Crescent and the courses are held across the road from us at the St Thomas More Community Development Centre.

Hello again!

I would also like to point out that there will be drop in sessions at the Parson Cross Forum where people can get help with using the internet, searching for jobs, writing CV's and social networking. There will be at least six new internet connected laptops available for your use whenever we are open, hopefully starting next week. Call the number in the previous post for more information.

There is so much more that we do, from photocopies for 10p a sheet, faxes for 25p per sheet, to typing letters, local activity information and more. We are here for the community. Is there anything we can do for you?:)

Looks like I have to keep this thread going on my own! Please - ask questions, make suggestions, or just say 'Hi'!

Do you want to get involved in Parson Cross Community activities? Why not be a volunteer?

Help us make Parson Cross a better and safer place to live.:)

Help us make Parson Cross a better and safer place to live

dont think we have much chance in doing that:(:mad:

anyway do you know of any mother and baby groups in or around px.

I'm not in Parsons Cross but I've got involved in courses like this in my area. They are a great way to meet new people, as well as improving yourself as a person. If you're at a loose end, go to one! I know its hard when you don't know anyone else, but that feeling doesn't last long.

i dont think its a bad idea id love it to be a nicer, safer place but i just cant see it happening thats all its just over run by scum.

Courses like these are great and being free means that anyone can afford to come along and join in.

However, my main gripe (not with you, but you might be able to pass it on to someone who can do something about it,) is that most meaningful courses with decent qualifications are beyond the means of unemployed people so they remain on a merry-go-round of poorly paid temporory jobs with no career development.

Surely if the government seriously want to do something to help the long term unemployed they could do something to help them acheive proper qualifications.

Courses like these are great and being free means that anyone can afford to come along and join in.

However, my main gripe (not with you, but you might be able to pass it on to someone who can do something about it,) is that most meaningful courses with decent qualifications are beyond the means of unemployed people so they remain on a merry-go-round of poorly paid temporory jobs with no career development.

Surely if the government seriously want to do something to help the long term unemployed they could do something to help them acheive proper qualifications.

that's bang on love. they're not bothered about what people earn,it's all statistics init?

When you start doing a course for getting rid of chavs then please let me know:hihi:

anyway do you know of any mother and baby groups in or around px.

Contact Early Days Childrens Centre 0114 2503060 they will tell you whats on X