If the Conservatives win the election how high will unemployment rise?

Going on their track record, it will reach six million.

I note that the current Labour administration has increased unemployment by around 800,000 since it came to power. In 1997 unemployment was falling quickly but Labour managed to reverse that.

... and those on the sick or the NEETS that don't show on the stats?

After what i saw at Hillsborough yesterday Wednesday1 I will not shed one tear if Public Service jobs are cut under the Tories. The way the riot police parted like the waves to allow Palace fans on the pitch whilst on about £30 an hour is a disgrace! I could have done a better job of containing them myself!

These coppers obviously need motivating & are too comfy in their gold-plated-pensioned jobs! Disgrace!

It's not about the numbers it's a about the right number doing the job correctly. This just highlighted to me what Cameron is on about with the regard to eliminate 'waste'. If they can't be motivated to do the job on overtime at double time & final salary pension...then encourage them to get a job they can be motivated in.....elsewhere!!!

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder regarding people's pension schemes? Just because you obviously are not in a good one it seems you would take great delight in seeing this benefit, won by the Labour movement, taken away.

Instead of directing your ire at working people why don't you have a go at the

tax avoidance schemes exploited by the Tories backers like Ashcroft and co.

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder regarding people's pension schemes? Just because you obviously are not in a good one it seems you would take great delight in seeing this benefit, won by the Labour movement, taken away.

And you have a parrot on yours Phil.:roll:

I note that the current Labour administration has increased unemployment by around 800,000 since it came to power. In 1997 unemployment was falling quickly but Labour managed to reverse that.

That's because, as I suspect you know, of the WORLD economic downturn.

Unemployment in UK is lower than most of our European competitors. However I'm sure Smarmy Dave will soon change this!

And you have a parrot on yours Phil.:roll:

Nice one Phil!;)

That's because, as I suspect you know, of the WORLD economic downturn.

Unemployment in UK is lower than most of our European competitors. However I'm sure Smarmy Dave will soon change this!

NOPE....it is calculated in a more dishonest manner thus making it look that way. Are you really naive enough to believe that a party which thieves expenses will do anything honestly?:cool:

He hasn't skirted around it at all, in fact they have been very clear.

Is she earning over £50k? If not she has nothing to fear. If she is earning over £50k is she might find sympathy hard to come by from many people.

Ha ha, i think we all know what Tory promises mean...we'll wait and see....:)

After what i saw at Hillsborough yesterday Wednesday1 I will not shed one tear if Public Service jobs are cut under the Tories. The way the riot police parted like the waves to allow Palace fans on the pitch whilst on about £30 an hour is a disgrace! I could have done a better job of containing them myself!

These coppers obviously need motivating & are too comfy in their gold-plated-pensioned jobs! Disgrace!

It's not about the numbers it's a about the right number doing the job correctly. This just highlighted to me what Cameron is on about with the regard to eliminate 'waste'. If they can't be motivated to do the job on overtime at double time & final salary pension...then encourage them to get a job they can be motivated in.....elsewhere!!!

Those comfy coppers pay a third of their salary into their gold plated pensions for 30 years. It would take more than that to get me to don riot gear.

Ha ha, i think we all know what Tory promises mean...we'll wait and see....:)

That's a very poor response if I may say. The written policy has been given to you.

Does your daughter earn over £50k a year?

I'm just highlighting the disparty of which Labour keep saying they are closing BUT in fact are widening! I use your quote of 'WORKING PEOPLE' very losely & refer back to my original post of the police officers on £30 an hour on Sunday at the match who did sod all to stop the Palace fans invading the pitch. In an analogy:- the Palace fans were Moses & the South Yorkshire Police force were the Red Sea!!!!!

Which tax aviodance schemes are we on about? If you are on about tax avoidance schemes you need to look at the Labour Party mate. Fiddling exenses schemes are just as bad as tax aviodance, & the Labour seem very good at exploiting them. Look at Doncaster council who were rotten to the core & all Labour, they were found to be fraudulent!!!

Edited by Bedders

It's just a pity that Labour don't want to compensate those ripped off by the Equitable Life scandal when the regulator failed to do it's job correctly!!!

Quote:-In July 2008, the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman completed a 4 year investigation, described by Equitable's chief executive as the "best chance of compensation". Her 2,819-page report accused the regulators, i.e. the DTI, GAD, and FSA of "comprehensive failure", found the Government guilty of ten counts of maladminstration and called for a compensation scheme "to put those people who have suffered a relative loss back into the position that they would have been in, had maladministration not occurred". Equitable’s chairman estimated that 30,000 policy holders had already died without compensation.[3] In December, the European Parliament issued a press release describing the regulatory failure as an outrage

Off topic I know but yet more inept public servants....I just keep wondering why smarmy Dave keeps on about eliminating waste?

Edited by Bedders

I'm not saying that everything Labour has done is right, but overall I think that they have been a force for good.

We'll find out how good Labour have been soon when Smarmy Dave's got his mit's on the levers!

I always think it's funny when working class people start shilling for the Tories, If you're a good boy they may let you be a beater at the next grouse shoot or a doorman at the huntball!