If the Conservatives win the election how high will unemployment rise?

Teabag you could have saved yourself a lot of work and just typed…. business as usual.

Watching the news today, it wouldn't be a bad thing is employment did rise after the next election.

After 12 years of this pathetic government, most people realise that the pain to come (courtesy of Brown's recession) will have to be shared. But not, of course the public sector parasites.

Firemen? Sack the whole lot of them. There are armies of people who'd step into their shoes. After all despite their 9/11 posturing, their job is mostly chip pan fires, cats up a tree and seeing how many jobs on the side they can do.

Binmen? Ditto.

Postmen? Prosecute them for 'losing' a million items of mail.

After all despite their 9/11 posturing, their job is mostly chip pan fires, cats up a tree and seeing how many jobs on the side they can do.

Rather blunt but I get your point, if someone can do a 15 hour night shift and then be moonlighting there is something wrong, no wonder they don’t want to change their shift pattern

Teabag you could have saved yourself a lot of work and just typed…. business as usual.

...have to agree with you Malky:(

With the Tories consistently above Labour in the opinion polls, given what has happened previously to employment levels when the economy was in recession, and there was a change of government and with the Tories promising huge public spending cuts.Just how high will unemployment rise?

I expect they could shed up to a million, bureaucratic, non-jobs created by the Tax-and-Squander Party, AKA Nu Labour.

I expect they could shed up to a million, bureaucratic, non-jobs created by the Tax-and-Squander Party, AKA Nu Labour.

So that is one million on to the unemployment register overnight.

One million not contributing tax to the economy overnight

One million claiming housing and unemployment benefits overnight

One million, plus partners and siblings, equates to 2 to 3 million who have limited purchasing power to buy goods and services which our economy relies upon

Then add on mortgage repossessions, marriage break ups, various social breakdowns, less contributions in other indirect taxation and you have the recipe for more economic misfortune....tell you what...the last person out, switch the light off:hihi:

So that is one million on to the unemployment register overnight.

One million not contributing tax to the economy overnight

One million claiming housing and unemployment benefits overnight

One million, plus partners and siblings, equates to 2 to 3 million who have limited purchasing power to buy goods and services which our economy relies upon

Then add on mortgage repossessions, marriage break ups, various social breakdowns, less contributions in other indirect taxation and you have the recipe for more economic misfortune....tell you what...the last person out, switch the light off:hihi:

How are those million contributing to the economy? It's tax that's paying their wages?

I'm not saying I agree with the point above, but surely you understand that civil servants are a net drain on the economy?

How are those million contributing to the economy? It's tax that's paying their wages?

I'm not saying I agree with the point above, but surely you understand that civil servants are a net drain on the economy?

Police, fire, civil servants, politicians, teachers, nurses, doctors, council employees, all govt posts...the list could take me all night. Are all these net drains on the economy? They are paid for by national or local taxation

What do all these people do with their wages? What do they do with their taxes? What happens to their pension contributions? Do any of these people buy food, pay rent, pay mortgages, pay utility bills, purchase electrical goods, pay for sporting and leisure service?

Do they save money in banks? Do they buy shares? Sorry the list again is endless

Read a basic economics textbook

A loaded question.

Whats saying it won't go down if they get in ? ...

A loaded question.

Whats saying it won't go down if they get in ? ...

History pal ;)