You have up to £175000..

Thanks all for your replies. Thanks also to Nat for her constructive comments...

I live in Hillsboro at the moment but with kids on the horizon we just want something a little bigger and a more 'family' type of home. Plus most of the time I'm working around the south west of sheffield and the commute is doing my head in!

Neither of us are originally from Sheffield so do not have the knowledge when it comes to what area is good or bad.

£175k is what we could comfortably afford, we could go higher but do not want to stretch ourselves too much.

I was interested about the comment someone made about Dronfield. There are some properties out there that look ideal. Open countryside, quiet with decent schools by all account - or have I got it oh so wrong?!

Nah, not wrong at all. Dronfield is great. pop down and have a look around. Try comming down in the evening to see a lack of "hoodies" grafiti and winos. during the day why not try the upgraded leisure centre facilities.

Great transport links via train, bus and road.

I was interested about the comment someone made about Dronfield. There are some properties out there that look ideal. Open countryside, quiet with decent schools by all account - or have I got it oh so wrong?!

and no annoying travelling back into town to score your drugs ........... not that you do drugs of course ........ I just meant ............ oh you get the idea.

Think we're gonna take a drive to Dronfield this weekend to have a good look around. The are a few houses that look pretty good so we'll be checking those out...

Where abouts is 'Bowshaw' - is it in a decent part?