Retune your TVfrom 30th September.

What we are informing you of Grahame is that whether you have an older model of UHF aerial (you call analogue) or the redesigned model of UHF aerial ( marketed as digital) both versions pick up the digital signals that are broadcasted within the UK.

Its the decoder built within the set top box or new TV's that will deliver the picture.

You know the saying about computers. "You put rubbish in and you get rubbish out." If you want a good picture out then you need to put a good signal in and a digital aerial is specifically designed for a digital TV.

Please don't talk to a TV engineer of 41 years standing about decoders or I will have you for breakfast. :D

You know the saying about computers. "You put rubbish in and you get rubbish out." If you want a good picture out then you need to put a good signal in and a digital aerial is specifically designed for a digital TV.

Please don't talk to a TV engineer of 41 years standing about decoders or I will have you for breakfast. :D

Rubbish :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hmmm I just retuned and now I can't get Channel 5 on Freeview:!:

I could get Channel 5 before the retune:suspect:

I thought the whole point was so that people could receive channel 5!:confused:

Edited by Kingmaker2

Hmmm I just retuned and now I can't get Channel 5 on Freeview!

I could get Channel 5 before the retune:suspect:

I though the whole point was so that people could receive channel 5!:confused:

apparently we have no channel 5 either

We've lost channel 5 down in East Anglia. We've also lost ITV2+1. Does anyone know if we'll get them back.:mad::confused::huh::shakes::shocked:

Retuning hasn't made any difference to the reception of Channel 5. It was breaking up before the Retune and is breaking up now! Along with ITV and Channel 4. Haven't noticed any new channels being added either.

mine won`t retune followed all the instructions, go to set up and only get change language and change tv format,got instruction manual out and there`s nothing about first time insulation,factory re set, full re tune or default settings:huh::

We've lost channel 5 down in East Anglia. We've also lost ITV2+1. Does anyone know if we'll get them back.:mad::confused::huh::shakes::shocked:

Looks like plenty of people around the country are experiencing losing channels after the retune:!:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/8283520.stm

Surely this can't be what the Freeview broadcasters had expected:?:

I can only assume that the Freeview engineers have somehow balls up the operation.

I expect the newspapers will be full of complaints of lost channels in the next few days!

Several channels have moved:

Quest is now on epg 37

The smile tv channels have moved to the 90's

Top up Anytime has moved to the 300's

You need to go into the full retune mode on your menu and not the new channels found which may appear on your screen (The full retune found 102 services on my box).

This was for Sheffield Crosspool transmitter.

Several channels have moved:

Quest is now on epg 37

The smile tv channels have moved to the 90's

Top up Anytime has moved to the 300's

You need to go into the full retune mode on your menu and not the new channels found which may appear on your screen (The full retune found 102 services on my box).

This was for Sheffield Crosspool transmitter.

Did that but still lost Ch 5 and ITV 2 +1

Still at it then....:huh:

We've established that what the rest of us call a 'wideband' aerial, you call a 'digital' aerial. This is misleading and confusing to Joe Public as they will think they have to get a new aerial in time for DSO. This is absolutely not the case, in most instances.

In most areas, the digital muxes will be broadcast in the same band as the current analogue channels, meaning no upgrade is neccesary.

Have someone for breakfast? I did challenge you to offer us a technical explanation of what components one of your 'digital' aerials has that differs to an 'analogue' aerial - didn't have anyone for breakfast on that, did you?

EDIT: Just re-reading that, what did he say about decoders that you so strongly disagree with as a TV 'engineer'?

Edited by pem123

On my box ITV 2 + 1 on EPG 27 is showing the following message:

"As part of the Freeview retune,ITV 2+1 has moved from channel 27 to 33"

On EPG 33 this just has a + 1 logo in the top left of screen and on the info guide this shows as ITV. This was going to be the NEW ITV 1 +1 service which has to be put on hold for legal reasons.