Firth cleveland ropes darnall

Is there anyone who worked at firth cleveland ropes darnall, 1966 to 1981.

Hi Closer. I worked there about 1960. I know this is well before your time, but I've often wondered what became of the firm after that. I actually moved to another part of the group until 1965. (Habershons, Holmes (off Meadowbank Road). The darnall works used to be called The Sheffield Wire Rope Company when I worked there and then changed it's name to Firth Cleveland. (I actually fixed the new sign to the side of the factory) as I was leaving. Cheers

Edited by JOGI

I actualy started working in 1959 till late 1960, i worked on the light winders with murial cooper, then onto stranding, names i remember molly brown,bob briggs, mick o'neil,alan brown,terry millard,the manager was mr swindon, i left in 1960 then started there again in 66, they changed name to firth cleveland ropes, we*had a major fire in 67 but they had us in cleaning up and producing within a couple of weeks,we were working 12 hour shifts as we had plenty of work. G.K.N. took us over then it went over to ARTHER LEES, they owned john shaws of worksop, we then changed our name to theres, everythink went downhill from then and all the work went to worksop, we were all made redundent in 80/81, sad times as we all put a lot of work in all the years we were there.*I pass the factory on the train and see caravans parked up around the back of the factory,please let me know if remember any names when you worked there.*

Edited by closer 88

worked at Firth Cleveland 1968 to 69 before emigrating to New Zealand .Worked on a stranding machine ,remember Jackie Wylie and his Geordie mates. Also played football for F C in one off the Sheffield leagues. Happy memories. Does anyone know where jack Wylie is now. Also remember we worked 12 hour shifts plenty of work those days.

Does anyone know anybody who worked at Cleveland ropes at Darnell.

Hi i worked at the wire rope company mid 60s,was called Sheffield wire rope when i started.

or-b-son

Former employees of Cleveland ropes Darnell.

worked at Firth Cleveland 1968 to 69 before emigrating to New Zealand .Worked on a stranding machine ,remember Jackie Wylie and his Geordie mates. Also played football for F C in one off the Sheffield leagues. Happy memories. Does anyone know where jack Wylie is now. Also remember we worked 12 hour shifts plenty of work those days.
hi stan my name is Chris Carroll I worked on a closer machine

from66 to 82 when we all made redundant. What are you doing now.

Looking for Stan Daffin who emigrated to New Zealand. We both worked at wire rope in the 70s.

Stan Daffin here who is looking for me e mail stan.daffin@gmail.com look forward to reply.

Still in NZ retired now enjoying life with the grankids and 3 games of golf a week still miss the football and a good pint .

A friend of mine worked there from mid sixties.Time and motion man so not very popular his name is Philip Thompson or (Tommo). as he was known