What's Greenhill, S8 like?

No..... I still don't understand a word you're saying.

My point was simple enough... Lowedges isn't the roughest estate in Sheffield but "roughness" is relative.

Originally posted by t020

No..... I still don't understand a word you're saying.

My point was simple enough... Lowedges isn't the roughest estate in Sheffield but "roughness" is relative.

I've just re-read your post - RE: ''roughness is relative" - in the sense of S11 etc, it is very relative - almost to the point of nonexistance, whereas Page Hall etc, the relativeness is not so extreme.

:loopy:

Originally posted by amhudson119

I've just re-read your post - RE: ''roughness is relative" - in the sense of S11 etc, it is very relative - almost to the point of nonexistance, whereas Page Hall etc, the relativeness is not so extreme.

:loopy:

"Also, "roughness" is relative. In the context of Pitsmoor, Page Hall, Manor, etc, it's not rough. In the context of Fulwood, Ecclesall, Dore, etc, it's very rough. "

Hence the use of *very* in the second comparison. I really don't see what you're trying to get at here at all. It's easy enough to understand?

To spell it out even clearer..... compared to Fulwood, Ecclesall, Dore, etc, Lowedges is very rough. Compared to Pitsmoor, Page Hall, Manor, etc, Lowedges isn't that rough. Comprendé?

"Also, "roughness" is relative. In the context of Pitsmoor, Page Hall, Manor, etc, it's not rough. In the context of Fulwood, Ecclesall, Dore, etc, it's very rough. "

Hence the use of *very* in the second comparison. I really don't see what you're trying to get at here at all. It's easy enough to understand?

Yes, I saw your point, but added mine to clarify I understood yours.

Yes, I saw your point, but added mine to clarify I understood yours.

But in doing so confused everyone. :clap::D

But in doing so confused everyone. :clap::D

Did you have to do that edit to look as if you were speaking to a cretin? ;)

Verstehe?

Did you have to do that edit to look as if you were speaking to a cretin? ;)

Verstehe?

:hihi: Edit? Which edit?! ;)

:hihi: Edit? Which edit?! ;)

Red flashy screen time...

Well, not much seems to being posted that is going to help pinlock over his query about Greenhill?

I have several friends who live Greenhill (locally pronounced as 'Grennel'). The area is very nice, with lots of semis, though some of the roads are used as rat runs at peak travel times. Good links to major supermarkets (Morrisons at Woodseats; and Sainsburys and Tesco are only a little further afield). You are close to the edge of fine Derbyshire countryside, and the Peak District. Good links to the M1 southbound, via the Dronfield by-pass, Chesterfield inner relief road and Hasland by-pass.

The old part of Greenhill is a conservation area. Though small in size, it has great charm. It is always a pleasure to attend an annual Labour Party summer garden party in the old village, which has real character and charm.

You should check on Ofsted inspection reports for details of local schools. But there is always competition for places at certain local schools.

Originally posted by redrobbo

Well, not much seems to being posted that is going to help pinlock over his query about Greenhill?

I have several friends who live Greenhill (locally pronounced as 'Grennel'). The area is very nice, with lots of semis, though some of the roads are used as rat runs at peak travel times. Good links to major supermarkets (Morrisons at Woodseats; and Sainsburys and Tesco are only a little further afield). You are close to the edge of fine Derbyshire countryside,

You should check on Ofsted inspection reports for details of local schools. But there is always competition for places at certain local schools.

Is it me, or is virtually all of Sheffield close to Derbyshire - apart from the Parkway end, which is miles away.

Are there any parts of Nottinghamshire that border SY?

Greenhill?

Is that not too far away, beyond the city wall?

Is it me, or is virtually all of Sheffield close to Derbyshire - apart from the Parkway end, which is miles away.

Are there any parts of Nottinghamshire that border SY?

Derbyshire has borders with Sheffield, Barnsley and Rotherham (but not Doncaster). Indeed, parts of Sheffield used to be in Derbyshire, e.g., Beighton, Norton, Beauchief, until local government re-organisation a few decades ago.

Nottinghamshire, which has a long border with Derbyshire, also has borders with Rotherham (near Worksop) and Doncaster (but not Barnsley or Sheffield). Indeed, if you visit Mission, in Nottinghamshire, it is only accessible by driving from parts of Doncaster at either end of the same road! Now that is odd!