What's Greenhill, S8 like?

Looking at a few properties their, is the place any good?

Are the schools good, shops, etc

Your thoughts.....

:thumbsup:

I live at Greenhill. On the whole it's a great place to live. Handy for town but bus service on Greenhill itself is rubbish..A Short walk up to Meadowhead gives you plenty of choice though. Graves park is a short walk away and has a animal centre which is nice for kids if you have any. At Meadowhead there are plenty of shops, post office, chinese takeaway, 2 indian takeaways with one which is a restaurant. A pub at Meadowhead with Restaurant. 2 pubs in Greenhill village.

There are some more shops down past Greenhill village and there are couple of pizza takeaways..

It's pretty quiet but recently we have noticed that some parts of greenhill are attracting certain people who don't have much respect for peoples property if you know what i mean. This has been a recent problem but the police seem to be clamping down on it..If there is anything else let me know.

I also live in Greenhill. It's known as being one of the best areas of Sheffield. It's quiet and green (hence the name I suppose). There are plenty of local shops and a Morrison's not far away. The schools are also very good. I wouldn't hesitate if you've seen a property you like.

Half of it is council/ ex-council and in close proximity to the Lowedges council estate (rough). The other half is more pleasant and is next to Beauchief (pretty nice).

what a snob you are get a life

Originally posted by tattoo

what a snob you are get a life

I was only stating the facts coupled with my opinion, as was requested by the original poster.... unless of course there's a small print clause somewhere that I missed saying "rose tinted spectacled comments only please"? Rather than throwing around insults like a little child with a chip on your shoulder, why not try to offer some help/advice of your own?

you think that you are way above everyone else , allways slagging council estates off , some council estates to you may be rough but there are some very nice people come off council estates so shove that up your pompuos ar++ and now get a double life mr billy nomates

Tattoo I love the way you so eloquently champion the cause for Council Estates.

I have nothing against you just to add, I happened to notice the irony in your post.

Comment 1

some council estates to you may be rough but there are some very nice people come off council estates

I fully agree with this comment and go as far as to say the majority are nice, community minded folk.

Comment 2

so shove that up your pompuos ar++ and now get a double life mr billy nomates

Are you demonstrating here that you're not one of the nice ones?

Just pointing out the irony :lol:

And before anyone jumps in.... Gleadless Valley Council Estate Born n Bred here mate ;)

I know greenhill pretty well as I live in woodseats and have 3 mates who live in different parts, and sometimes walk up there to have a drink. There are some council type houses, but not that many, and of the whole area, I would say about 15% no more and concentrated in greenhill avenue area. And I have a good mate who lives in one of these with his wife and baby daughter and they have been there 15 years and have never had any probs and like it there.

All the rest are nice big semis and detatched with nice gardens and driveways, and the village bit is very old and cottagey. Definitely one of the most pleasent areas of sheffield. Mostly families. Unlike Ecclesall which is full of students, and often completely blocked with traffic.

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Unlike Ecclesall which is full of students, and often completely blocked with traffic.

No it isn't and no it's not, you mean Ecclesall ROAD (must we go through that one again?).

Ecclesall is very much similar to how you described Greenhill - large semis and detached houses, leafy, full of families, etc. Don't confuse it with the road named after it 2+ miles down the road.

Originally posted by tattoo

you think that you are way above everyone else , allways slagging council estates off , some council estates to you may be rough but there are some very nice people come off council estates so shove that up your pompuos ar++ and now get a double life mr billy nomates

Low Edges is rough, IMO. It's proximity to the southerly end of Greenhill would worry me, which is why I recommended the half near to Beauchief. And where exactly did I say "all people on council estates are scum"? Or did I just say Low Edges was rough? Read what I write, not what you want to read.

are you still here fool i bet you drive a 3 wheeler and live in a dump , you just love bigging yourself up ps dont reply caus you are a bore