Can anyone recommend a hypnotherapist or CBT practitioner?

Can anyone recommend any cbt or hypnotherapist to help me with some personal issues please

I can't post the web address as I'm a virgin poster. Put 'BABCP' into Google and click on 'Find a Therapist'.

Good luck.

google ruth major. lots of satisfied customers use her at beighton lifestyle centre. she also practices in rotherham . she is very good. friendly and approachable .

i also after somebody to hypnotise me and my dad to stp smokig! info would be great!

No idea why you think CBT or hypno are preferred solutions - Humanist Therapist - Matthew Simpson, Dover Rd Sheffield, is on the BACP list. Outstanding therapist.

I can reccomend helen macdonald if you are wanting to see someone privately.

http://www.rude-health.com/contact.htm

Depending on the problem and what Drs surgery you are registered at-you might well be able to see an nhs cbt therapist- speak to your gp.

Good luck

amy x

I went to see Richard at Focused Hypnosis. He stopped me smoking a good few months ago and I found it SO easy! He does his stop smoking porgramme differently to the other hypnotherapists I looked at. The other all seem to charge£300 or £400 for one or two hours work which seemed like extortion to me! They treat people who are addicted to food or shopping one session at a time over a few weeks and charge £50 or £60 a time, why should I be rinsed just because I'm addicted to fags not food??

Focused Hypnosis were different though, they charge the same price whether you are a smoker, overweight or lacking self confidence or whatever.

I am so glad I stopped, it has been a breeze stopping smoking and I would highly recommend Richard. I found him by doing a search through the General Hypnotherapy Register. His website is http://focusedhypnosis.com/

i used a lady called mary tweed.. she was very very good cbt and phyco therapist.. based at MDC on Alison Crescent,