Personal stereos, how bad will it get, and will there ever be a backlash ?

Indeed, if someone blasted out some Journey we could all have a nice little sing-a-long on the way to town, but no! It's always crappy repetetive hip hop or dance!

:hihi: I can just imagine a whole busload singing Don't Stop Believin'.

Well i'm not old and I don't like it! :P

I'm not old and I don't like it either :P

Keeping "up to date" with music is one thing, but when that so-called trendy "music" is clearly designed to dumb down an already semi-retarded underclass of consumer drones further into sub-servience to a manufactured culture industry, then is it any wonder why it grinds on people who actually appreciate how intelligent and artistic music can be!!! :rant:

Wear earphones if you want to listen to your poison!

:hihi: I can just imagine a whole busload singing Don't Stop Believin'.

I think it would be a truly special moment, Grannys and Chavs and me all in perfect harmony etc.:)

I think it would be a truly special moment, Grannys and Chavs and me all in perfect harmony etc.:)

When you're older, and after the sex change op, you'll be able to achieve that all by yourself.

:hihi:

To be fair I'm not sure about the Chav bit ... but then I'm not sure about the perfect harmony bit either.

:huh:

It's crap really. Back in the eighties it was a huge adventure trying to sneak your mate's 30w ghetto blaster into the bus so you could treat everyone to your latest Now tape and give the grannies a good blast of Relax - the 12" remix. The bus driver would usually spot the hulking beast of a tape machine and turf you off. Now they just have their crap 0.005w mobile phones hidden in the saggy undercarriage of their kecks and there's no rebellion about it at all. Even the music isn't particularly challenging as Niche tracks have nothing on a tape of something by Sweet Exorcist or some Krautrock or somesuch which would really fry the other passengers' brains.

Edited by Mathom

"Personal stereo" :confused: what do you call a CD player; a "Grammophone" ??

I'm not old and I don't like it either :P

Keeping "up to date" with music is one thing, but when that so-called trendy "music" is clearly designed to dumb down an already semi-retarded underclass of consumer drones further into sub-servience to a manufactured culture industry, then is it any wonder why it grinds on people who actually appreciate how intelligent and artistic music can be!!! :rant:

Wear earphones if you want to listen to your poison!

Fine, so long as the volume`s kept down........

There is a Quiet cart on trains (Usually F) where if anyones making too much noise, the train conductors/stweards etc will ask you to stfu or move to another carriage..

its your choice if you go and sit in the quiet carriage or not, but if you do, you have to be quiet :)

There is a Quiet cart on trains (Usually F) where if anyones making too much noise, the train conductors/stweards etc will ask you to stfu or move to another carriage..

its your choice if you go and sit in the quiet carriage or not, but if you do, you have to be quiet :)

And its bliss! I've travelled by train to Scotland a couple of times this year and booked my seat in the quiet coach. The occasional murmur of quiet conversation, or the whisper of a page being turned is very bearable. ;)

It would be tolerable, but these knuckleheads listen to things like...

Ere me now... bom-di-di-di-di-bom-di-di-bombastiastiasticalastica, rippety rip rap rap rap rippety, rikee-rikee-re-re-wind.....wind-re, come dawnce wiv me.

M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh M-tsh.

Bob's your mumcle bungle bashin' logical lyrical wax that cynical casual minimal, bom-bom-booty-bong-brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-b-b-b-b-b-rian blessed.

Was that one of Cliff's?

Excellent idea, and that`s what I do if there is a quiet coach.

There are a few problems however. The quiet coach may be full or the train, usually the smaller ones, may not have a quiet coach. Trams certainly don`t !

One thing which worries me about the quiet coach concept, those who aren`t averse to making a bit more noise than they should, may, consciously or unconsciously, think "well this isn`t the quiet coach so it`s fine for me to be noisy, if anyone objects it`s them who are in the wrong". It`s chipping away at the idea that the status quo should normally be quiet.