What is racism to most people.

About as black as Bill Cosby. :suspect:

I'm guessing that's a good thing ;)

Does anyone realise that under UK law only white people can be classed as "racist".

This term cannot be applied to say a Sikh insulting a Pakistani....For example say that four Greeks walked into a Pakistani takeaway and started to insult the counter staff....and this led to an attack upon the Pakistanis....the Crown Prosecution Service would bring a charge of "affray", as the attack could not be classed as "racially motivated"...four white youths...different story.

Does anyone realise that under UK law only white people can be classed as "racist".

This term cannot be applied to say a Sikh insulting a Pakistani....For example say that four Greeks walked into a Pakistani takeaway and started to insult the counter staff....and this led to an attack upon the Pakistanis....the Crown Prosecution Service would bring a charge of "affray", as the attack could not be classed as "racially motivated"...four white youths...different story.

Can you show me the section within the law that backs this up?

racism

· n.

1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race.

2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.

– DERIVATIVES racist n. & adj.

Sorry MC ....I have personal knowledge, and am not prepared to trawl through English Statutes to find the relevant page....just trust me on this....it is a fact.

I'm afraid this is another urban myth Wolfdancer and creates anxiety and tensions where none need exist.

This is an extract from guidance from the Chairman of the Sentencing Advisory Panel in June 2000 relating to racially aggravated offences.

9. Some of our consultees have suggested that the purpose of the legislation is to

protect ethnic minorities, and that it should therefore not be used in cases where the

victim was white. We acknowledge that view, but we are in no doubt that the provisions

in the 1998 Act were intended to apply to all offences where there is a racist element.

It is for the police and the CPS to ensure that the legislation is applied fairly to all racial groups at the investigation and prosecution stages.

http://www.sentencing-guidelines.gov.uk/docs/offences_racially.pdf

Edited by boyfriday

Sorry MC ....I have personal knowledge, and am not prepared to trawl through English Statutes to find the relevant page....just trust me on this....it is a fact.

This is because we both know that there is no relevant page.

Fine you and BF believe what you like ..... find me a case where non whites have had charges brought against them including the words " racially aggravated"

Can you show me the section within the law that backs this up?

He can't MC, because it doesn't exist.

That statement, along with "I can't be bothered argueing with you any more" and other refusals to supply evidence to back up your claim, is instantly recognisable as a hapless attempt at a dignified retreat from debate, when you know you've nothing left.

You'd have been better off saying nothing :)

and am not prepared to trawl through English Statutes to find the relevant page

..... find me a case where non whites have had charges brought against them ...blah blah blah...

So you're not prepared to provide evidence for your own argument but you expect others to do so....:huh: