Advice needed re online divorce

Does anyone have any experience of applying for a divorce online?

I've had a quick look around and there are loads of sites offering various services, but I'm a bit reluctant to pick one over another. Not sure if any of them are genuine or just scams.

I'm recently divorced myself and have a lovely £13k solicitors bill for the pleasure. A friend of mine had been seperated for over 2 years now (which I believe is enough grounds for a divorce if both parties agree) and is skint (aren't we all) and so we're really hoping there is a cheaper and hopefully easy kinda DIY divorce.

All help and advice greatfully received

Em x

my ex and i did ours online and found it really easy, straight forward and very cheap. we used a site called quickydivorce.com (funny i know) but they were excellent. i have since put my friend on to them who again found them very good

My ex and I also used an online site to get the paperwork for a divorce. Very cheap and easy to do. As the OH paid it didn't cost me a penny!

We had already shared the proceeds from the house and settled all other things so it really was just a case of getting divorced so there was no need for a solicitor.

My ex and I also used an online site to get the paperwork for a divorce. Very cheap and easy to do. As the OH paid it didn't cost me a penny!

We had already shared the proceeds from the house and settled all other things so it really was just a case of getting divorced so there was no need for a solicitor.

does that mean i cant ask you out on a date now lainey i might even join you at your dance classes:)

Thanks for your replies.

Which site did you use Laineyiow?

What do you acctually have to do once you have the paperwork all filled in?

What other costs are involved?

This would also be a fairly straight forward divorce, no property, assets or children to sort out.

Also would both husband and wife have to each fill out a set of forms or is it one set covers all?

Thanks again x

If there are no children or financial issues, and her partner is not going to contest the divorce, just go to the family court and request an application for a divorce. You don't need a solicitor at all, and the form is very simple.

There's a fee involved, but if you are on a low income it can be waived.

If doing it online makes you nervous, you can always go to the courts in town and get the paperwork to fill in.. and just take it back. I did that and it was all done and dusted within 12 weeks.. it cost me about £50 but it was about 15 years ago.