Penny Farthing Nightclub

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Not that Stringfellow chappy was it.

Angel1.

Sorry, no not Pete S or Terry Thornton ( Esquire).

Ido not know who owned it but it was a great club in it's day .Great days I can remember every time we went in it was full of footballers from the Lane Len Badger Ted Hemsley T C  Geoff  Salmons. We used to go to Monsall Dale hotel or the Lathkildale hotel race back and in the Farthing for the last hour or so.Great memories great times the best era of them all.

40 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Ido not know who owned it but it was a great club in it's day .Great days I can remember every time we went in it was full of footballers from the Lane Len Badger Ted Hemsley T C  Geoff  Salmons. We used to go to Monsall Dale hotel or the Lathkildale hotel race back and in the Farthing for the last hour or so.Great memories great times the best era of them all.

Don't recall seeing TC in there (doesn't mean he never was) as he got married about two weeks after joining the Blades when he was 18 in 1968. Great place with Double Diamond on draught.

1 hour ago, St Petre said:

Don't recall seeing TC in there (doesn't mean he never was) as he got married about two weeks after joining the Blades when he was 18 in 1968. Great place with Double Diamond on draught.

Tony Currie used to go in with John Hope, I saw them there a couple of times and I wasn't a regualar patron. Wasn't the club owned by one of the large entertainment groups, not Rank but the name escapes me.

I have fond memories of Veronica snowball who ran the food side anyone remember her 

Memories flooding back- kick out at 2am but hanging around with everyone outside for another half hour then up to all night Wimpy on Fargate until first bus at 3.20am

1 hour ago, catmiss said:

Memories flooding back- kick out at 2am but hanging around with everyone outside for another half hour then up to all night Wimpy on Fargate until first bus at 3.20am

3.20 am ? That was early for a first bus.

On 02/04/2019 at 00:20, St Petre said:

3.20 am ? That was early for a first bus.

Ha ha yes in those days before deregulation the buses were ran as a public service not a profit making useless money making service.

Yes I remember David Lidgard .. Can't believe he committed suicide he always appeared so confident .. He always used to stir his drink at the bar in the farthing with his finger  his friends .. David and Lance Edwards and John wragg  Michael Atkinson Paul Badger .. Ann Shearn ( her mum worked in the cloakroom .. )Estralita .. Maxine Mann ... I was there most nights dancing .. Great nights and memories ... With friends .. The even better days though were spent at the Mojo .. Pete Stringfellow(late )  and Roger Howe with my friend June .. Those were the days  dancing on the barrels .. Any one remember these people  .. Phil Baratt phil Barnes Ralph Lyons .. Peter Hobson .. So many memories 

On 07/04/2019 at 13:27, Jean Helena said:

Yes I remember David Lidgard .. Can't believe he committed suicide he always appeared so confident .. He always used to stir his drink at the bar in the farthing with his finger  his friends .. David and Lance Edwards and John wragg  Michael Atkinson Paul Badger .. Ann Shearn ( her mum worked in the cloakroom .. )Estralita .. Maxine Mann ... I was there most nights dancing .. Great nights and memories ... With friends .. The even better days though were spent at the Mojo .. Pete Stringfellow(late )  and Roger Howe with my friend June .. Those were the days  dancing on the barrels .. Any one remember these people  .. Phil Baratt phil Barnes Ralph Lyons .. Peter Hobson .. So many memories 

Very interesting reading these David Lidgard was actually my godfather, unfortunately I don't remember him  so it is good read people who do