Penny Farthing Nightclub

Hi

I am looking for Carol Harper who used to go to the Penny around 1967/8 had some good times there and would like to contact again. Does anyone know of her or where she is now

Ronnie Crookes on the door, Mick Cowan at the end of the bar. something doing 6 nights a week (closed on Sundays).

Glory days.

Hi

I am looking for Carol Harper who used to go to the Penny around 1967/8 had some good times there and would like to contact again. Does anyone know of her or where she is now

Ronnie Crookes on the door, Mick Cowan at the end of the bar. something doing 6 nights a week (closed on Sundays).

Glory days.

They are both dead now.

I can remember the benifit boxing show at the top rank when Ronnie died and Micks funeral a couple of years ago.

both 100% gentlemen!!absolutley top blokes a sad loss,pity there arn´t a lot more around the same.

my mum and dad met there in the late 60's early 70's i believe..

She Stoops to Conquer

Glory days.

My admittance charge was usually a small scotch for Ronnie. :hihi:

I saw Joe Cocker perform there a couple of times before fame touched his shoulder, it wasn't a bad venue, and he was fantastic.

David Lidgard, immaculate in blue blazer and grey trousers, with his Aston Martin parked opposite the entrance, my Mini was in the car park. David blew his brains out in The Ladybower when his step father, Harry Hart ran it. :(

Ronnie used to slip me in free (sorry, for a small scotch again) for the private New Year party.

Christ all this was well over 40 years ago, many thanks to the op for the memories. :thumbsup:

Whre was the penny farthing?

Whre was the penny farthing?

The Penny Farthing was on Arundel Gate and then changed to the Hoffberhouse or something like that and then to Penny's and many other

things. I'm sure someone will come up with the correct names etc.

I remember going in the Penny Farthing when all the Sheffield

United players used to go in, late 60s.

One night Howell Jones was in [ the actor] with his then wife

Kathy McGowen, ok you now going to ask who's Howell Jones

and Kathy Mc Gowen... Well I hear she now lives with Michael Ball???

The Penny Farthing was on Arundel Gate and then changed to the Hoffberhouse or something like that and then to Penny's and many other

Interesting because in the mid or was it the late 60s, I used to see the Wednesday players in there on Saturday nights.

Interesting because in the mid or was it the late 60s, I used to see the Wednesday players in there on Saturday nights.

It's a good job they didn't meet up on the same night.

But in them days I think footballers and fans were a bit

more civilized.

David Lidgard was a lovely lad, I think he inherited a load of cash very young and wasnt really able to cope. I often think of him, he had a million aquanitances, a lot of whom sponged off him. I doubt he had a real friend. A tragedy.

My admittance charge was usually a small scotch for Ronnie. :hihi:

I saw Joe Cocker perform there a couple of times before fame touched his shoulder, it wasn't a bad venue, and he was fantastic.

David Lidgard, immaculate in blue blazer and grey trousers, with his Aston Martin parked opposite the entrance, my Mini was in the car park. David blew his brains out in The Ladybower when his step father, Harry Hart ran it. :(

Ronnie used to slip me in free (sorry, for a small scotch again) for the private New Year party.

Christ all this was well over 40 years ago, many thanks to the op for the memories. :thumbsup: