French conversation classes

hi, there,

does anyone know of any french conversation classes?

Luc

Depending what level of French you're at, there's a regular monthly meetup for people who want to practise their French. It's very informal and we'd love more people to come along - we usually meet in Cafe Rouge but we also go to the cinema or do other things from time to time. PM me if you want more details and I'll let you know when & where the next meetup will be.

Hi

Is this group still active? I have reasonable French after O level 35 years ago, a year of lessons and a week teaching a medical course in French in February this year. I need to keep up my conversation in order to maintain a reasonable standard.

Thanks

Jerry

Sheffield Hallam university do a language exchange every month.It is free and you can speak any language you wish.There are quite a few French speakers go.It is usually on the second tuesday of every month at the H.U.B. on paternoster row.Starts at 18-30.Free drink and nibbles provided.

Edited by Kidorry
spelling mistake

Hi my wife and myself or ma femme would love to hack our poor french with anyone who will listen . we have done the french courses etc but find that we are better when we have total immersion with other french speakers keep me informed please

Sheffield Hallam univercity do a language exchange every month.It is free and you can speak any language you wish.There are quite a few French speakers go.It is usually on the second tuesday of every month at the H.U.B. on paternoster row.Starts at 18-30.Free drink and nibbles provided.

This sounds interesting. Are there any restrictions on who can go?

This sounds interesting. Are there any restrictions on who can go?

No.Any age any nationality any language.Just go and enjoy it.Sorry about the spelling mistake in my original post.

Edited by Kidorry
added text

Salut!

My French isn't great, but I really need conversation, not lessons. I have (bilingual) friends in France, and their neighbours and friends don't speak English, and I wnat to be able to chat with them.

When do you meet next? Maybe I could come along and see if it would suit me?

I would be happy to give a talk on seventeenth century French Letters.

The next one is in Cafe Rouge from 6pm on Weds 10th March if you want to turn up. You'll probably spot the group but if not just ask one of the staff to point everyone out.