Pike fishing Sheffield canal

i am new to pike fishing and would love an easy place to catch them.i have heard sheffield canal is good but i dont know what stretches you can fish and how to get to them???????????

alternatively if anybody knows of anymore good pike venues it would be greatly appreciated??

thanks

Dam Flask reservoir is supposed to hold a fair few monster pike

river don has some nice pike on it

Buggers to catch them hover pike though ;) Try Ulley reservoir it's £4 a day and theres loads of pike to be had from 2lb jacks to 30lbs + monsters also try here http://www.pikeangler.co.uk/index.html ;)

Buggers to catch them hover pike though ;) Try Ulley reservoir it's £4 a day and theres loads of pike to be had from 2lb jacks to 30lbs + monsters also try here http://www.pikeangler.co.uk/index.html ;)

Can you take them home when you catch them i love pike its better than cod :love:

try the locks at tinsley,bernard rd,woodbourn rd and the marina's at the back of the arena.i always used to get a few down there

Ulley is closed now until next year, but no you cant take them home.

My other half says From Broughton Lane to Coleridge Road, you can fish free and you will find pike there.

Bernard road and wobbled dead bait (sprats from asda/morrisons):thumbsup:

p.s. from after the basin to darnall i believe is free.and i heard tinsley marina is free now too its a lovely basin and lots of pike,I used to fish it but look out and ignore the people who will tell you to throw the pike in the bushes of kill them they are nobs.

Edited by jrowl

Dam Flask reservoir is supposed to hold a fair few monster pike

One of best places i found for pike this even when you dont want them.There is a place just behind riverlin ponds might be off loxley road you can see it from road side but no idea what they call it full of pike.Oh and theres one on the A57 if its still open not sure what they call that one either a lot of people use to call it sand hills but it isnt its the one at the roundabout near old scrap yard and petrol staion if i remember right sure it will jog somones memory.

Edited by terminator

One of best places i found for pike this even when you dont want them.There is a place just behind riverlin ponds might be off loxley road you can see it from road side but no idea what they call it full of pike.Oh and theres one on the A57 if its still open not sure what they call that one either a lot of people use to call it sand hills but it isnt its the one at the roundabout near old scrap yard and petrol staion if i remember right sure it will jog somones memory.

Are you thinking of the red quarry opposite the fox covert van scrap yard on the road(A57) with lindrick golf course on?If so i heard it is good for pike also but no idea how much it is to fish.