Pubs and Bars on Fright Night?

Well, I know its a month away, but.....

Any recommendations for pubs on fright night? Last year Ruskins got it completely right and got really into the spirit; pumpkin lanterns on tables, great music and dry ice, but sadly its now closed.

I also went into the Dove and Rainbow and the Fountain Bar last year, which were both full of fright nighters, but didn't seem to do anything special for the event. So i'm looking for pubs that are near the main drag and make an effort to get into the fright night theme. Any suggestions would be welcome!

What, or indeed when, is Fright Night? Is it just another name for Halloween?

Its 25th October this year. Its a city centre Halloween themed event. Apparently it attracts 30,000 people each year and is very good fun

far too early for this thread........far far too early....you will be starting a New Years Eve one next before the end of the month.....

far too early for this thread........far far too early....you will be starting a New Years Eve one next before the end of the month.....

Sorry - I'm a plan ahead kind of person :)

Ruskins is closed? Really? I went in 2007 and yeah it was really cool - pumpkins on the table etc, very much "in the spirit of things". Tried to go 2008 for the same reason but it was packed!

I don't know about Fright Night, but Dove is good on Halloween (went 2007 & 2008!).

I don't think it's too early now it's late September, but when it was early September I would have thought it was.

Looking forward to Halloween, it's one of my favourite days (so looking forward to Fright Night too!).

Ruskins is closed? Really? I went in 2007 and yeah it was really cool - pumpkins on the table etc, very much "in the spirit of things". Tried to go 2008 for the same reason but it was packed!

Yeah, I'm a bit gutted about Ruskins cos it was the only place I went in that did a fright night theme, which is suprising when you consider how many people are in town on that night.

Well I can reveal now the Dove and Rainbow will be hosting a mega fright night event, so put us on your list and prepare to be scared...........its a Saturday night, and will be awesome indeed....

Well I can reveal now the Dove and Rainbow will be hosting a mega fright night event, so put us on your list and prepare to be scared...........its a Saturday night, and will be awesome indeed....

So the Dove isn't actually doing anything special for Fright Night then?

So the Dove isn't actually doing anything special for Fright Night then?

That's what I thought....:huh: as Fright Night is on the Sunday before.