Albert Cox - Sheffield United left back 1936 - 1952 Born treeton 1917.

One player I remember was Jimmy Hagan, centre forward, I think.

One player I remember was Jimmy Hagan, centre forward, I think.

No, Janner. Definitely an inside forward.

On 06/08/2018 at 20:50, Brakoci said:

Well Hello, I just got back from Treeton yesterday and while I was visiting my Mum there I also started digging into my past relatives. It seems we re related, my mum is probably second cousin of your dad. My grandmother Mildred Cox Allsopp was your grandfathers sister. We re were just talking to my mum this week about her cousins etc ( she is only child) and she mentioned Uncle Albert as we knew him. I lived in Treeton as a 11-13 year old and we got most of our groceries from his store he helped my grandma and my mum a lot. My mum and dad got married from Uncle Alberts house my mum dressed along with her bridesmaids above the shop for her wedding.

Anyway I actually have a knife from Albert s set he got for winning some kind of match. He gave a knife to all his sisters. It has traveled a long distance as I live in the USA now and I always thought it was special so I kept it safe. I’m sure other relatives have the others it is white / red . My mum still lives in Treeton but not computer user but she knows all the history of the family.

Hi, are you Roger or one of his siblings? I am Albert's granddaughter Bernadette, I remember Roger, we met many years ago before you went to Florida.  I used to climb over the wall in grandads back yard to visit Aunty Ming. She always had a boiled sweet for me.  I remember you lived in the house behind grandads shop. My grandad was such a lovely loving character and my heart melts when i think of him. I have such fantastic memories of all the hours, days and school holidays I spent at Treeton, it was such a lovely childhood. I hope you are all well in America xx

On 18/09/2009 at 23:49, RysaBlade said:

Thanks guys,

Yeh I have a few books that sound like that. Im looking more for personel memories and thoughts on him and any info on the rest of the family. I hink it would be nice to get a sorta book of thoughts together for dad. He's always been really proud of him!

Hi Ryan.  I am your cousin Bernadette, Judy's daughter.  It's lovely to read, obviously years ago now that you were trying to find out about grandad. He was such a lovely man and very funny too. I remember you when you were small but then we lost touch. He used to take me to the matches and I had a big crush on Keith Edward's. He sometimes sat in the directors box with Fred Furness and I had to sit on the outside of it with my Bovril! If you want to know more about the football side of things Uncle Danny and Dean could fill you in xxx