Cardio then weights? or the other way round

hi. does it matter what order you cardio and resistance training in?

i tend to do cardio first then resistance as i find that the cardio provides me with a good way to warm and stretch off my muscles. also i find that im unable to complete cardio if i do resistance first.

the cardio i do is warm up of 10 mins on treadmill and then 20 - 25 mins on cross trainer.

im training to lose weight and tone up.

hi. does it matter what order you cardio and resistance training in?

i tend to do cardio first then resistance as i find that the cardio provides me with a good way to warm and stretch off my muscles. also i find that im unable to complete cardio if i do resistance first.

the cardio i do is warm up of 10 mins on treadmill and then 20 - 25 mins on cross trainer.

im training to lose weight and tone up.

Me personally i have always done weights first then really really give it my all on the treadmill to finish off.

If you want to lose weight the treadmill is king! I dont find the cross trainer as efficient in burning calories as the treadmill , thats just my opinion.

hi my trainer did my fitness plan for me, i do cardio then weights. Im also doing it to lose weight and tone up.

Weights then cardio, you won,t lift much when your tired from the cardio..

Craig.

Weights then cardio, you won,t lift much when your tired from the cardio..

Craig.

Quoted for correctness.

If your cardio is mainly a fat burning exercise, then do it last. For the first 10-15mins of any form of exercise the body burns primarily carbs and actually shuts down blood supply to non-essential areas like stored fat cells (adipose tissue) and sends it to the working muscles, especially the heart and lungs. After about 30-40mins of tough training (depending on your fitness lelvels), your carb levels are running low and so it makes more sense to do a fat burning exercise when your body can use fat for the main fuel.

If your goal is fitness, then do a tough cardio session first, when you are fresh and accept the fact that your weights will not be as strong. This is the general rule; once you've warmed up (3-5mins is adequate), then do your most important exercises first, when your energy levels are still high. There are some exceptions to this rule in some advanced training protocols but generally, it's the most effective method.

If your cardio is mainly a fat burning exercise, then do it last. For the first 10-15mins of any form of exercise the body burns primarily carbs and actually shuts down blood supply to non-essential areas like stored fat cells (adipose tissue) and sends it to the working muscles, especially the heart and lungs. After about 30-40mins of tough training (depending on your fitness lelvels), your carb levels are running low and so it makes more sense to do a fat burning exercise when your body can use fat for the main fuel.

If your goal is fitness, then do a tough cardio session first, when you are fresh and accept the fact that your weights will not be as strong. This is the general rule; once you've warmed up (3-5mins is adequate), then do your most important exercises first, when your energy levels are still high. There are some exceptions to this rule in some advanced training protocols but generally, it's the most effective method.

Sounds like alternating might be a good bet? A little of both worlds?

ok what about using free weights or using weight machines which gives you the best work out or results....

Personally it's always been Cardio then Weights for me, and I've had decent results, I really need to begin going back. You're muscels should always be worked last, and from what I've read and bin told etc... ALWAYS work your abs LAST.

I've always done cardio then weights but today I tried it the other way around and I felt like I was running like a right spacker on the treadmill because my legs weren't working properly from the weight training. Would it be a good idea to do alternate days; one day cardio, next day weights??