M1 Corridor gas alliance - how to contact?

I'm quite aware that gas and water are two different substances. Gas is largely methane, CH4, with a bit of t-butyl mercaptan added to make it smell so that we know when it's leaking out. And water is H2O. But that doesn't answer the question I asked, which is why can't you just line the pipes with plastic rather than replace them altogether?

Fair enough on the lining question - if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

On the traffic lights, why could you not have a set of lights on the side road linked to the sets at each end with a filter arrow (and a give way sign) - then cars coming out of the side road would know whether they could go left or right at any particular time without meeting something coming the other way.

As for the number of holes, then again fair enough, but that doesn't explain why it takes several weeks in some cases for this to happen (e.g. the road going out to Bent's Green). Why do the holes sit there empty for so long, which gives the barriers around them the chance to blow over, fall in, get pushed over by yobs and so on, which is what makes it all look so haphazard.

i'll try & find out which gangs doing bents green

you dont have to bother mate i know who the 2 teams up there are. thanks anyway
is it tez & mart up theer with nige,baz & young tommy?

My O/H works along side amec, he cant do his job until they have done theirs.....lets just say he dunt get home very early...EVER!!!!! They take all day to do their job,(when it should have been sorted hrs before) leaving the fitter with **** loads of work and not enough hrs to do it in (we are talkin tea time or later every day before they are anywhere nr ready) and then their bosses go mad at them as the contract could end if amec arnt happy with the figures (that essentially cant be acheived by law in the hrs they have left) The enviroment between managment and staff for my O/H company is absalutly diabolical as no matter how much the gaffers agree that amec are slow and useless they wont say jack all as they want the contract, thus creating a toxic atmosphere... Having said that my OH isnt based in Sheffield, although it would seem the best option he says NO WAY. The lads here are even slower, he came on one occasion to cover Sheff and he said one of the lads started bein a gob <removed> when he said he was going home, it was 10pm, his shift was done @8, as far as he was concerned hed done2 hrs over time and had he stayed he wouldnt have been finished til well into the early hrs,(his friend is based in sheff and says its this way everyday) he didnt see why he should when it was purely down to poor and slow workmanship....Oh and the fact that the bloke in question wasnt in anyway shape or form in any kind of authority over my O/H and speaking to him like he was...well lets just say he was tucked up in bed by 10:10... Attitude problems by incompetent workers dont go down that well with a grafter.. So to the guy defending amec, im sure your policys are the same through out the country and as I have said the atmosphere is really bad. A good workforce is a happy workforce, dont expect the contractors to be able to do a job when ur own men arnt doing theirs. The chance of disaster is probably made far bigger by the fact the lads are expected to forefill amecs unrealistic dreams, a point that has infact been raised amongst the workforce at my fellaz place, but of course thats a chance the gaffers will take, to keep their precious amec contract. THE WAY AMEC WORK IS A DANGER AND I AM GLAD TO HAVE HAD THE OPPERTUNITY TO HAVE SAID THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE AGAINST BOTH COMPANIES.

Edited by Merlina
Masked Swearing

My O/H works along side amec, he cant do his job until they have done theirs.....lets just say he dunt get home very early...EVER!!!!! They take all day to do their job,(when it should have been sorted hrs before) leaving the fitter with **** loads of work and not enough hrs to do it in (we are talkin tea time or later every day before they are anywhere nr ready) and then their bosses go mad at them as the contract could end if amec arnt happy with the figures (that essentially cant be acheived by law in the hrs they have left) The enviroment between managment and staff for my O/H company is absalutly diabolical as no matter how much the gaffers agree that amec are slow and useless they wont say jack all as they want the contract, thus creating a toxic atmosphere... Having said that my OH isnt based in Sheffield, although it would seem the best option he says NO WAY. The lads here are even slower, he came on one occasion to cover Sheff and he said one of the lads started bein a gob <removed> when he said he was going home, it was 10pm, his shift was done @8, as far as he was concerned hed done2 hrs over time and had he stayed he wouldnt have been finished til well into the early hrs,(his friend is based in sheff and says its this way everyday) he didnt see why he should when it was purely down to poor and slow workmanship....Oh and the fact that the bloke in question wasnt in anyway shape or form in any kind of authority over my O/H and speaking to him like he was...well lets just say he was tucked up in bed by 10:10... Attitude problems by incompetent workers dont go down that well with a grafter.. So to the guy defending amec, im sure your policys are the same through out the country and as I have said the atmosphere is really bad. A good workforce is a happy workforce, dont expect the contractors to be able to do a job when ur own men arnt doing theirs. The chance of disaster is probably made far bigger by the fact the lads are expected to forefill amecs unrealistic dreams, a point that has infact been raised amongst the workforce at my fellaz place, but of course thats a chance the gaffers will take, to keep their precious amec contract. THE WAY AMEC WORK IS A DANGER AND I AM GLAD TO HAVE HAD THE OPPERTUNITY TO HAVE SAID THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE AGAINST BOTH COMPANIES.
|if the way AMEC work is that "dangerous" then they would nt be contracted to replace any of the gas mains that theyre doing or going to do. If your husband is in anyway dissatisfied with any of AMEC'S working practice regarding any of the gas work, he should have all the relevant numbers to get in touch with those authorities which legislate companies such as AMEC & take his complaints there, im sure they would be looked into immediately. Also i think your husband will find that most if not all of the civil engineers on the sheffield contracts are sub contractors themselves so are on price work so its upto them how long they take unless theres a time line. Edited by Merlina
Masked Swearing in Quoted Post

|if the way AMEC work is that "dangerous" then they would nt be contracted to replace any of the gas mains that theyre doing or going to do. If your husband is in anyway dissatisfied with any of AMEC'S working practice regarding any of the gas work, he should have all the relevant numbers to get in touch with those authorities which legislate companies such as AMEC & take his complaints there, im sure they would be looked into immediately. Also i think your husband will find that most if not all of the civil engineers on the sheffield contracts are sub contractors themselves so are on price work so its upto them how long they take unless theres a time line.

Dont be so nieve to think that a company isnt dangerous just because they have a contract, in alot of circumstances it isnt until disaster strikes that the hazards are fully discovered, by which time it is too late. The rant was actually mine not my husbands but thanks for the directions of which to aim them, although im sure he is already aware. The issues I was raising wasnt about who to contact, they were more about the dangers that they seem willing to allow their workforce into, and who they will look to blame in the long run. I cant speak for all the other sub contractors for amec as they will all have different working patterns, but certainly the company my O/H is employed by has set working hours, which he always goes over for the amec lads on his patch as he has a good friendship with them and they know they are equal to him and not above him..something those pipe pushers in sheffield failed to understand...as they stood there alone.

well theres a point proved. enntee, hard2miss and sibon jumped on the band waggon.

enntee please tell me what lies we told............dont just make accussations please back it up.

I jumped on "the bandwagon" after reading your agressive attack on a seemingly reasonable gripe.

If you dont do a good job, even if its only 1 in 1000 people that are dissatisfied then you should be accountable for the work and not just come on with the big "we are" that you have displayed on this forum.

If the work is nessersary or not it should be done with curtacy and respect for people who have had disruption over it especialy if they have a genuine reason for complaint, you however as the contractor do not have the right to dismiss people out of hand and have a go at them for not being satisified. if you cant get that basic point without us having to come on here and tell you then YOU shouldnt have the work and someone else who can do it in a proper maner should. Im sure there are loads of contractors able to do this technical job that your employed to do with curtacy and respect for the public you are doing it for. If not then we should employ contractors from outside the UK.

Your like Doctors were years ago when they treat people like crap and wanted to be put on pedistles

I cant get my breath with the gaul of this holier than thou trumped up... I better stop there. :rant:

I was up at Bent's Green again yesterday and some of the holes along the road there, for example at the top of Falkland Road, have been there for well over three weeks with no sign of any work being done on them. Around the holes by Bent's Green shops the barriers had all blown over, fallen over or been knocked in and it looked pretty untidy, though there was one guy putting them back up again even though it was Sunday afternoon.

............??????

why have you now done this:loopy::loopy:

Residents of Broomhill (and anyone who goes through it like I do) will be horrified to read this in today's Star. They have already been at work around the edges of Broomhill but it now appears that the main junction between Glossop Road and Fulwood Road is going to be shut for six weeks!

Has anyone had damage to their cars/property by Amec? Please contact me on 07522673988 if you have. I phoned to complain that our car as well as 2 others that we know of have been scratched and they said we need proof.I'm contacting Sheffield Star and want to know if you want to join me in this complaint. Thanks.