"Drag for you" got Talent at Dempseys 27th Sept

I agree

Tia is a drag act therefore he is an he not a she.

Thought it was against the rules of the forum to spam the forumn, yet carbs is able to spam the boards constantly about drag acts and bars and doesnt get banned for it when other people have been banned for less.

Please change the record carbs, we are fed up of hearing it.

I do not go on and on about drag queens - I am merely raising the question why are there no drag bars in Sheffield and by the way this thread which I WAS limiting my comments to about drag has now mysteriously disappeared ! Where am I supposed to talk about drag now - on this thread?

She agrees with me, Tyranna, that the Matilda bar re-opened would make a brilliant drag bar - who else thinks this ?

Carbs, I am thinking of attending but do you know of a gay friendly bus route or taxi I may take whilst dressed in all my finery? I think the Matilda would be great for full time drag, maybe with a 24hr licence so I can go after my night shift from the steel works.

Edited by jamesogt

Carbs, I an thinking of attending but do you know of a gay friendly bus route or taxi I may take whilst dressed in all my finery? I think the Matilda would be great for full time drag, maybe with a 24hr licence so I can go after my night shift from the steel works.

I have heard the number 20/20A is quite gay friendly - and drops you off right at Moorfoot.

Taxis - well Mercury sounds like a good name for a gay club, so I suppose they must be gay friendly :hihi:

I have heard the number 20/20A is quite gay friendly - and drops you off right at Moorfoot.

Taxis - well Mercury sounds like a good name for a gay club, so I suppose they must be gay friendly :hihi:

Do you think they may be prepared to put some gay friendly radio on for my trip? Preferably Cher or YMCA, something I could maybe dance along to and entertain the other passengers on this route?

I am also thinking of bringing some of my friends from the steelworks as I believe that drag is entertainment for the masses......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icIwKaci3MI

I am also hoping the Salford Ladies United Temperance Society (SLUTS) dont turn up and stage a protest, it isn't too far for them to come,

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1037/1322886492_7e97ffa6c2.jpg?v=0

http://www.manchesterpride.com/pictures/Gallery/2007/parade/photos/sluts/~jDtlCjDDDDtlvi3DEDyEYEOEzExEyEQEMDsEMExEDD4DOw/Parade_Sa25_TW_OX3P4297.JPG

Do you think they may be prepared to put some gay friendly radio on for my trip? Preferably Cher or YMCA, something I could maybe dance along to and entertain the other passengers on this route?

I am also thinking of bringing some of my friends from the steelworks as I believe that drag is entertainment for the masses......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icIwKaci3MI

Even before I clicked on that link, I knew what it would be!

"We work hard, we play hard!"

"EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!" :hihi:

Well they might if you ask them nicely.

Don't everybody hold your breath, but I'll be there this Sunday all right...

Well not long to go now, I am looking forward in seeing some "good" drag queens there.

On the 27th of September Dempsey's is holding the ONLY Sheffield heat of Drag 4 U. This national pageant raises money for HIV/AIDS charities and has grown into a prestigious event. We are looking for more entrants. If YOU want to be a drag queen, used to be a drag queen and fancy another go or just want to help raise loads of money for charity you can enter by contacting Anita-AskU on facebook Or anita-asku@hotmail.co.uk . Don't forget the winner of our heat goes through to the Final in Barnsley with a chance to win the Grand Prize of a two week holiday in Gran Canaria AND the chance to perform at Sparkles Bar (and maybe a job offer for next season!).

I shall have my camera there with me :)