'Anti-restaurants' in Sheffield??

Did anyone see Jamie Oliver's American Road Trip recently, where he went to New York and tried out some underground 'anti-restaurants', or the supper club thing? This is probably a silly question, but on the off-chance... is there anything like this in Sheffield? Looks like fun!

It's kind of like eating at a friend's house, but they are actually a stranger, and you pay them. Supposedly a really fun social experience, you talk to the other people dining there and it's all laid back and relaxed, and the focus is less on presentation and fancyness and poshness, more on the food itself and the experience as a whole. Very friendly. One thing which kinda stood out was the way they discourage you from leaving right after finishing your food, you stay for a bit and mingle or just relax, whatever. Does that make sense?

None in Sheffield that I am aware of. I read about some dahn Sarff.

I saw it and thought it looked like a great idea. Just a bunch of likeminded people with a love of food getting together in a relaxed environment.

I'd certainly consider turning up if someone decided to put a night on.

how would you pick the hosts? you could end up with some psychos or swingers or both,,you never know ;-)

how would you pick the hosts? you could end up with some psychos or swingers or both,,you never know ;-)

If we're lucky, maybe...;)

Did anyone see Jamie Oliver's American Road Trip recently, where he went to New York and tried out some underground 'anti-restaurants', or the supper club thing? This is probably a silly question, but on the off-chance... is there anything like this in Sheffield? Looks like fun!

3 or 4 years ago, one such place was operated on a regular basis at the Matilda Building on Matilda Street by the Matilda Squat Collective.

Happy days, indeed, the collective featured an art gallery, a recycled computer lab, regular gigs, poetry evenings, and even the odd drag cabaret show courtesy of myself!

Several of us who were involved in the Matilda can be contacted through the Access Space Creative open source computer lab at 2-5 Sidney Street, http://www.lowtech.org :love:

I got invited to one of these in Rotherham last month - they were filming it for Living TV, think the series starts on Thurs.

I would love to have gone but I was on holiday when it was taking place.