Albert Road Darnall or Attercliffe, ??

Can anyone tell me if there was ever an Albert Road in Darnall or Attercliffe, I know there is one in Heeley.

In the 1871 Census I have a relative listed as living at 182 Albert Road, Attercliffe.

I've made enquiries and some said they thought there used to be an Albert Road in Darnall.

Can anyone help with this please.

popT

Hi PopT

Here is the link to an extract of the 1871 Census page for part of Albert Road, Attercliffe/Darnall.

The Census address is RG10/4698/86 Page 41

Regards

Leipzig

Edited by Leipzig

There was an Alfred Road off Newhall Road.

Can anyone tell me if there was ever an Albert Road in Darnall or Attercliffe, I know there is one in Heeley.

In the 1871 Census I have a relative listed as living at 182 Albert Road, Attercliffe.

I've made enquiries and some said they thought there used to be an Albert Road in Darnall.

Can anyone help with this please.

popT

Liepzig

Thankyou for the Census copy which confirms there was an Albert Road in Attercliffe.

I wonder whereabouts in Attercliffe?

Attercliffe Ward covered quite an area has anyone seen an old map showing the location.

Hi PopT

The previous entry, before Albert Road in the Census schedule is Queen Street, so it may have been near there. However I had a similar problem, being unable to find Beeley Street at Darnall - reason being that it was later renamed.

Regards

Leipzig

Thanks again Leipzig.

I'll make a trip to the library and take a look at an old map or maybe it's listed in an old Kelly's Directory for Sheffield.

PopT

I went to the library today and although we didn't find Albert Road, Attercliffe on any map we found references to it.

I use the 'Royal Wee' as the Archivist at the Local History did most of the searching and was absolutely great in helping me.

For anyone who is interested Albert Road ran off Cardiff Street formerly Queen Street in the Janson Street, Amberley Street area, Carbrook.

It does appear on the 1871 Census but later disappears in developments and the re-naming of roads.

Thankyou to those who helped me, it is appreciated. PopT