Public Knitting

I've finally done it. Knitted in public. Gosh I was so nervous and felt a bit of a twit and so self conscious the first time. Don't know why. So I've knitted twice now, once at Tumble Tots whilst DD was in her class and today at the Swimming Baths as she had her lesson. My time goes so much quicker now that I knit and more importantly, I actually get time to knit and don't feel guilty. Can't now wait for my DD's dance class - a whole 3/4 of an hour. I wonder how much knitting I can get done in that time? I'm so looking forward to it. I now a guaranteed knitting time a week. lol :D

i have been known to take my knitting or crocheting to the hairdressers with me....that 45 minutes whilst the colour is cooking just flies by! :D

ive also knitted on train journeys and to be honest i just got lots of admiring looks from older ladies, a couple even came up to me and said its nice to see a young lady knitting. i refrained from telling them that im far from being a lady...and even young was pushing it! :hihi:

ive tried to do cross stich in the car...but that really is a not a goer. i ended up with more holes in my fingers than i did stitches in the fabric. :(

x

I find it excrutiatingly embarrassing to knit or crochet in public. I have this massive fear that someone is going to tell me i'm doing it wrong even though i know what i'm doing or laugh at me. I have crocheted whilst in a hospital waiting room and in the pub waiting for my lunch, and find people gazing at what i'm doing highly off putting. I suppose if they enquired in a sensible manner about what i was up to i could handle it. I can just about do it in the Baa or in my back garden, but that's about it. I didn't like to do it in front of Mr Radish at one time either, but have conquered that.

I find it excrutiatingly embarrassing to knit or crochet in public. I have this massive fear that someone is going to tell me i'm doing it wrong even though i know what i'm doing or laugh at me. I have crocheted whilst in a hospital waiting room and in the pub waiting for my lunch, and find people gazing at what i'm doing highly off putting. I suppose if they enquired in a sensible manner about what i was up to i could handle it. I can just about do it in the Baa or in my back garden, but that's about it. I didn't like to do it in front of Mr Radish at one time either, but have conquered that.

My ex-bloke and I used to sit on my sofa, he'd put his feet up onto my knee, and I'd sit there, snuggling his feet, and as we sat watching the telly, and having a general natter, I'd be getting on with the latest of my Ws-I-P, whether it be crochet or knitting.

It was lovely to schnuggle up together, all cosy, with the fire on, on a cold day. He liked it even better, if the WIP was something for him! lol :D

I find it excrutiatingly embarrassing to do it in front of Mr Radish.

:help::help: How long have you been married?:help::help:

Mr Radish has never really had a problem with it, in fact he asks me whats up if i'm not knitting or crocheting. It's me who has had the problem. It was worse in front of the M.I.L. I swore i'd never knit in front of her, and the only few times that i did, I got smart derogatory comments. Well, i know better than her, fortunately for me, so nah nah nah! And if you are reading this at work , Mr Radish, your socks are coming. The process may be quicker if you had smaller feet and not flippers.

And if you are reading this at work , Mr Radish, your socks are coming. The process may be quicker if you had smaller feet and not flippers.

RADISH :rant: RADISH RADISH :rant:RADISH :rant: RAD :rant: RADISH RADISH :rant:RADISH :rant:

Oh it's not Radish it's leak............ LEAK LEAK LEAK LEAK LEAK LEAK LE LEAK

What a lucky husband to have socks knitted for him :D

Yes, he is. He thinks so too. And he has just asked if i have finished his socks too!

Yes, he is. He thinks so too. And he has just asked if i have finished his socks too!

:suspect:and have you:suspect:

I'm not bothered at all, I'll whip mine out anywhere!
We've already heard!!!

I knit in public all the time. Apparently, I have no shame!

I knit on public transport, in the queue at the bank, in cafes, at the park, pretty much anywhere. It is lovely when folks come up and ask you about your knitting, especially old men who tell you that they used to knit socks when they were in the forces.