Encapsulating stained glass windows?

Does anyone know of a company that encpasulates stained glass windows. I've seen people advertising in estate agents that they have had their windows done but can't find any company nearer than Bolton Lancs. Has anyone had theirs done or know a local company that does it?

A small firm called Proglass on Whitting Valley Road, Whittington Moor, Chesterfield do it.

hi,i have a bloke comeing to our pub to do this tommoz will get his num for u.

Try art glass in rotherham, Tel 836199.

Ask for Hayden first class Co.

Yorkshire Windows did ours for us.

Strange I phoned them and they said they wouldn't do it.

Getting quotes from the other 2. Any more names anyone has would be greatful for.

Strange I phoned them and they said they wouldn't do it.

Getting quotes from the other 2. Any more names anyone has would be greatful for.

I would appreciate it if you could keep us all informed, I need to replace my wooden sash windows but would hate to lose the leaded windows.

I will do. Its a bit complicated because you need one group to remove windows and put them back and the other group to clean them and then encapsulate them apparently. There doesn't appear to be one company that does both.

We had Yorkshire Windows out to give us a quote to replace our front door and they said that they don't do encapsulating anymore.

However, we also had Sheffield Windows out and they said that they do offer the service. The only thing was the price... it would be twice the price of doing an exact replica of the door! :o

Sheffield Windows are located at the bottom of Rockingham street in town.

My Mum had one done by Sheffield Windows. I don't think it was actually them who did it, but someone who did contract work for them. A woman from Chesterfield, IIRC.