Crystal peaks market no help from council

im leaving the market at crystal peaks and relocating to bigger premises at crookes, at a more reasonable cost, the market is getting worse , theres 2 more stalls closing as well as me this week , that leaves 12 empty stalls , theyre not cheap at around £8000 per annum for a 9 ft square stall, the service charge is horrendous at around £3800 per year and rising, some stalls close early, you get no advertising for your £8 or so a month its doomed as far as i can see, no one wants to help you build your business, they just want your money, theres no one in charge running it, i think the crystal peaks centre want the space in my opinion

Perhaps they are trying to squeeze the market out by high rents and little support and put one store in there ie Aldi otr Netto or even a Currys or simular superstore who would want to pay the rent. Thats not much help to the market traders, some who have been there a very long time, but as they say money talks. Good luck with your new venture at Crookes.

Sorry you're moving out.

I do think that the traders do a deal to help themselves. If you buy a property you don't get free advertising - and early closimg is only their loss.

However early closing in the market is inexcusable - the best thing they did was introduce Sunday opening. Why visit a market when half the stalls have gone home early.

thats why nobody wants them , its a 7 day market

thats why nobody wants them , its a 7 day market

tbh - i prefer it. The only times i use it are Sundays and late nights.Although i do only use a select few stalls.

Most market stalls are one man bands..... Sheffield Markets Authorities "force" you to open 7 days a week and 2 late nights a week. You have no option but to employ staff... which means more paperwork and less profits... you have no life....can't close early as this will be marked against you.

Its not just the market stalls, I know of a shop in Peaks that shut 15 mins early as it was a quiet day. They arrived next morning to a note stating that it was observed the shop shut 15 mins and that was breach of its tenancy agreement.

Most market stalls are one man bands..... Sheffield Markets Authorities "force" you to open 7 days a week and 2 late nights a week. You have no option but to employ staff... which means more paperwork and less profits... you have no life....can't close early as this will be marked against you.

Its not just the market stalls, I know of a shop in Peaks that shut 15 mins early as it was a quiet day. They arrived next morning to a note stating that it was observed the shop shut 15 mins and that was breach of its tenancy agreement.

gun to your head?

what you expect from a labour council
what was the rules when the libs was in.