Just lost a baby and now i am pregnant again and im a wreck

hi everyone

i resonantly lost a baby in July and i have just found out i am pregnant again YEY, but the only thing is i am a nervous wreck i read into every little feeling in my tummy i am constantly going to the toilet to check for blood, i was just wanting advice from women who have come through this and what to know if this gets any better

i am so scared of loosing another one

thnx kerry

Oh love! Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy! I've never personally been through what you have, but I have a friend who lost her very first baby when he wasn't very old, and has gone on to have three totally gorgeous little ones. My grandma also miscarried with her first child and she went on to have four girls....so be warned :D

I can't imagine how you are feeling, but I would say as time goes on, and you get reassurance from the doctors, it may get less. I's say it's perfectly normal to worry after what's happened, even though you know deep down it's highly unlikely to happen again. Good luck :)

hi everyone

i resonantly lost a baby in July and i have just found out i am pregnant again YEY, but the only thing is i am a nervous wreck i read into every little feeling in my tummy i am constantly going to the toilet to check for blood, i was just wanting advice from women who have come through this and what to know if this gets any better

thnx kerry

Kerry , I have never lost a baby, but Im sure you will get posts from women who have , supporting you. You must try and relax (which is easy for me to say), because if you are too tense this can affect the foetus.

Hi kerry, just wanted to congratulate you on your good news. sorry I can't give you any advice as have not gone through the experience of loosing a baby but hope that it all goes smoothly for you this time.

Best wishes.

hi everyone

thnx kerry

Congratulations Kerry but I am also sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I am sure that as time goes on, once you have had the scan and see the heartbeat, you will relax. :) The only advice I can offer is look after yourself physically and mentally. Talk over your worries with someone, I am sure if you get your feelings off your chest then it won't 'build up' inside. Get plenty of early nights and eat well (sickness permitting :))

Sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. As other people have said the chances are everything will be fine with this pregnancy but you are bound to worry. I worried terribly at the start of this pregnancy and I hadn't had a previous miscarriage. I found talking with my midwife helped and I would encourage you to do this and as well as to look into whether you might be able to get an early scan to put your mind somewhat at ease.

Good luck with everything.

Hi there - how far along are you? Because you've had a previous miscarriage they tend to offer you an early scan called a reassurance scan at around 6-8 week as well as the 12 and 20 week ones. Nothing is going to stop you worrying and its easy to say relax but you really need to try. I agree that talking to your midwife will help a bit. Unfortunately theres no right or wrong to these things.

Hi there Kerry I know exactly how you feel as we lost our first pregnancy, I say pregnancy rather than baby as we discovered at 14 wks (late scan due to no apps available at Jessops at 12 wks) that the baby had stopped growing at a very early stage but my body had carried on acting pregnant, so we'd told everyone etc. Anyway, it was awful but three months later we got pregnant again and what really helped me was a 6wk scan that revealed a heartbeat. I'd been back for some counselling at Jessops and the nurse we saw was just amazing. We spoke to her just before we went in for the 6wk scan with pregnancy 2 and she just said to me " I'm very confident you will be ok this time, we know you can conceive" and she was right. Our daughter was born in April and we know how lucky we are. But I know how nerveracking the whole time is and probably will be. Every scan we went to we were terrified and in a way I wish we could have enjoyed the pregnancy a bit more as I was always expecting the worst. But none of that matters now.

I really really hope that everything goes well for you too and the chances are that it really will. Try to relax if you can and get that early scan done and you'll feel a lot better. Take care x

Kerry, congrats on the news.

About October last year my sister lost her first baby. She and the family were devastated, its very upsetting and Im sorry to hear you have gone through this.

However - TODAY I have become an Aunty!! My sister was like you, very worried at first and because she'd told people soon the first time she was reluctant to tell people until she knew for sure. She had scans and showed everything was a-ok. She had some pelvic pain due to baby being far down but other than this her pregnancy was normal.

She has had a little girl, called Zara..weighing a healthy 7lb 5oz. Im so happy for her, I cried!

I hope everything goes well for you chick, and like the others say, if you can have the reassurance of an early scan, go for it! And do talk to people about how you feel, my sister said she struggled to talk about it but when she did it made her feel 'lighter'

xx

Hello

I have recently become a member of http://www.babyandbump.com which is a forum that offers help and support to women who are pregnant, trying to conceive, miscarriage/loss etc. I would recommend having a look and maybe becoming a member. They are a very helpful and supportive lot and I know there are a few ladies on there who have been through the same thing you have, are pregnant again and experiencing the same feelings as you.

Hope this helps.

Many congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months. I hope all goes well for you.

:)

Edited by Emerald

I remember the feeling well. I lost my first baby and felt sheer terror throughout the 2nd preganancy till I got to the third trimester. All I can you is I ended up with a very healthy baby and went on to have 2 more.

I already have a 2year old, lost a baby in Sept, but have just had a baby, so I understand the rollercoaster of emotions. Because of the miscarriage I was really nervous about the next pregnancy, and didn't tell anyone until well after the scan and I was showing. I'm not sure if this was a mistake though as it meant I carried a lot of worry myself, instead of being able to talk about things with close friends. I found it hard at first to get excited about being pregnant for fear of losing her, but on the flip side, you doing your best to care and nuture and be 'connected' to the baby, so I guess the only advice I can give is to try your best not to worry too much, and to find someone you can talk to if you feel like it. I now have a beautiful 3 week old girl, who came in at a whopping 10lb8, healthy and well. Best wishes. x