Rude neighbours (Rant Warning)

Content Removed

Edited by Nemex

I was just going to say raise your fencing, no i dont think your rude and yes your neighbours should have some manners. good luck with it.

Put something like creosote on the fence. Then the rugs will stink and have black marks.

i think benefit of the doubt comes into play and just see how it goes, you do tend to get people taking advantage if the property was empty for some time, but i do know from people ive dealt with at work that it can go from a rug to a full scale war, take into account moving has an high stress factor and that comes over in what you have written,just settle into your new home and see how things go,if your still not happy take action on whatever happens.

Edited by fizzydrink

Well I think she does need to know she cant do it, but at the same time u are giving mixed signals id say, as it is obviously killing ur plants so u want her to stop, but at the same time ur telling her its to do with her not asking, as though u wud give permission if she was to ask,( and infact you did) hence you comming across like you just expect to be told everything, and shes probably thinking she shouldnt have to tell you everything, if her English isnt at a reasonable level then she prob has no idea what the problem is and just thinks ur bein mean. Tell her straight that she is damaging your plants and she needs to find an area on her own property to hang her rug out to dry (lol)

this is the funniest thing anyones ever bothered to get stressed about. bet life in your house is a right barrel of laughs

i lived in a ground floor flat from the council,

the people who lived in the one above didnt speak english,i had a young baby and they would play asian style music untill 2 in the morning so i rang the police and thAT stopped.

one day i came home from shopping mid day to find my kitchen had flooded was trying to work out where the water had come from bingo it was coming through the ceiling. so i want upstairs and said you have to turn your water off now and ring your landlord because somthing is leaking in your kitchen.the reply was i do it tomorrow i was like no you do it now so i barged past the man and turned the water off myself.next day got out of bed and the same thing had happend.rang the council and they wouldnt help went upstairs myself no answer.still stood in the stairwell and two men turned upto the upstairs flat with a key. i was like i told you to keep your water switched off untill your landlord sorted your leak??

they didnt have a clue what i was on about said they had only jus moved in that day !! this went on for abut 2 weeks on and off and then they moved out (with a little push)

do her for trespassing!! Get her on camera next time, idiot, i know exactly how you feel, we have problems with our neighbours as well!!!

I don't think the OP was being racist at all. They purely described the miscommunication as it was pretty relevant to the whole problem, but never said anything about the neighbour's ethinicity at all... for all you know, they are English and just don't speak very well, and you have just assumed they are not ;):)

Regarding the problem though: As someone has mentioned, sometimes when next door is empty you can get pretty used to regarding the boundary as 'you own' to do with as you please. I think maybe you should give the neighbour one more chance before turning nasty!

Seeing as her understanding of English isn't great, maybe a note would be best? Then she could translate/understand it in her own time.

Just something simple like "Dear neighbour, Please do not hang anything over my side of the fence as it is crushing my plants. Thank you."

Then if she continues regardless, I would paint some of that anti-vandal black stuff along the top edge of the fence (just because it's much simpler/easier/cheaper than having the fence replaced for a taller one)

I think it was pretty petty of you to start pushing the rug over. When you saw the rug you should have just gone and spoke to her. Simply- no petty wars would have ensued then.

I think it was pretty petty of you to start pushing the rug over. When you saw the rug you should have just gone and spoke to her. Simply- no petty wars would have ensued then.

they shouldn;t have damaged her property with the rug, is that not petty then? and then to go on her property without permission, they have no rights

I agree. I hate cliche's, but two wrongs dont make a right...