Rave at Greno woods Sat (12th Sept) night

I was at the one in Derbyshire (Smokescreen) where it was taken away ..

was that recently? who's rig was impounded?

God no .. they've not held a party up here since then I don't think .. must be back in 2004 or 5. It was held in the middle of nowhere near Aldwark I think. (And definitely a Bank Holiday as we were seeing Eric Morillo at BED the Sunday night)

I didn't go .. but went up on the sunday to deliver supplies (drink, rizzlas and baccy before anyone thinks anyhing else) just as the police turned up. Luckily I was on the way OUT of the place because I had my daughter in the car. Everyone else got rounded up and taken to Matlock Police Station - that's where they kept the rig.

Dunno whether this helps/proves anything .. but the music I like is Soul/Deep House rather than techno techno .. raa raaa ..

I know there have been a couple of younger style "raves" around our area in the last year .. but nothing on the scale ...

Edited by Saffy

Maybe deepest Derbsyhire has been harsher but I've most defintely been to quite large raves near Sheffield - and in Derbyshire (if only just) - since 2004... And I know there have been crews playing house ( as well as the more obvious techno, D&B and dubstep) on a regular basis in and around Sheffield as well...

look i didnt mean no harm...i dont want to call people or say horrible stuff, i was just saying these things happen and you cant do anything about it. no point complaining about it. I think Chris BIO has made a good point regarding keeping babies awake. the people at these parties are considerate with the noise and the litter and mean no harm. most of these parties are out of the way away from houses. A lot of these parties happen on a saturday night so at least they are not in the week. You still have sleepless nights whether there is a party or not. I apologise if anyone took what i said badly.

I can have a good time in whatever state me :)

And like you say, you cant get a taxi or public transport, so what else are ya gonna do? I'd rather that than be next to an estate or keep people awake. I have a job too. I am a considerate person.

I always share a taxi with my mates, went to one in an abandoned cottage recently and everyone cleared up all the rubbish, the police came along and had a friendly chat then left then we got another taxi home

What law is being broken?

I've seen police turn up to raves before just to check everything is OK but I've never seen them shut down, am I wrong to assume it's because no law is being broken?

To be honest I am fairly selfish so it doesn't have to be out in the countryside, just not somewhere that can be heard from the Chapeltown area. :D

It seems fairly open here -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sheffield&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=10.989506,28.344727&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=53.369443,-1.431565&spn=0.001354,0.00346&z=18&iwloc=A

ill put one on on the footy field in chap ..just for you m8...an i wont even charge you lolol

I'm quite interested in this thread after being kept awake all night on Saturday by what ever it was going on near Grenoside. There seem a few contradictions. Many people saying that laws are not being broken and police do nothing but then lots of people saying that the events can't be publicised because the police will stop them. Why are you so scared to publish details if you are doing nothing wrong? Don't you think that the neighbours deserve warning so they can prepare for a sleepless night. The noise on Saturday/sunday was bad (thats bad as in bad not bad as in good) and the police got loads of complaints. Surely if the music was just turned down 50%, there would be less complaints and less chance of police intervention.... so less hassle and more chance the parties can continue. It must have been deafening at source. The other issue is that if these parties are arranged by so called nature loving hippies who respect the country side then what respect do they have for the wildlife living in Grenoside's ancient woodlands? You say you look for locations away from the cities, is picking a quiet semi-rural village where loads of birds seek refuge really the best you can come up with? It's not just people affected by your inconsiderate actions. Just drop the volume a bit and surely everyone can be happy

iv seen cars parked just past the red lion pub in the layby and in that area.some say their was witches running around naked in the woods??some thing i missed

I've been to a few of these raves in Greno woods (not for a few years may I add!!) and one in particular is held in a disused building with half a roof, the trash that is left from the parties is not half as bad as what the building itself looks like. So, rest assured, this one if it is the same one, isn't ruining the countryside with litter, drinks cans etc because the whole place is a dump and needs demolishing (apart from the fantasic graff' art adorning every wall!)

I am not saying leaving litter is okay as it isn't, I am merely pointing out that there is no huge pile of rubbish left floating around in the open countryside from this particular rave.

Edited by fridayfeelin

Yep. I think you will find that most responsible organisers make sure the area is cleared up after the "DO".

The raves are normally the 1st and last sat in the month,they used to be publicised on myspace at one bit,originally they wer held in the old substation in wharncliffe woods,but the powers that be have made it almost impossible to hold them there,the cops wouldnt venture that far in,too nervous of the reception.

they were enormous fun,and people trecked there from allover the city,at one point some top djs wer on after thier stint in city centre clubs finished.

used to be a wide cross section of people attended,young and old.a few other places were used, the disused garden centre at wharncliffe side or the field further down,occasionally the clearing up woodhead rd,near grenoside,fireworks going off,good music, idle chit chat,food,booze and a big fire.all was cleared up next morning,i met some great people

No it isnt hippies..anyone n everyone goes..stop being so old fashioned. just coz your past it...they are parties that are just like going to a normal club excpet outside and illiegal. Just coz your old why do you think its an 80's thing...coz its not? they dont just stop becuase you get over the hill...whats wrong with having a rave outside...**** ALL. Now get a LIFE

been there seen it done it done it - they DID start in the 80's and that time was the 'height' of its fame - not in 2010, trying to recapture what we had you will never succeed, some people in the 80's are only 40 - ish now, if you think 40 is 'old' you will have a very very short life - grow up you talk like a child !:rant: