Manor Top -Parklands Estate.. still as bad?

We considered buying a house there before we bought ours in Foxhill. We visited the estate at various times of the day and night before deciding to have a look at the houses. We looked at four houses on the estate of varying layouts. They are all a little on the small side but no smaller than any comparable new build. They are nicely fitted out and have reasonable sized secure rear gardens. The only reason we didnt buy there was because we found our house which we fell in love with. The houses on the streets you are looking at should be a good investment. They are putting a lot of money and time into improving the local area and things can only get better.

Dont listen to the hype from people who know nothing about the area. Go there yourselfs and talk to your potential neighbours, make up your own mind.

Manor is far nicer than Intake (and Intake is bob on) , but old reps die hard. I want to live on the Manor, upper rather than lower (better shopping), and for that reason I'll say it is hell on earth, don't go there, you'll get robbed, raped and rendered invalid. Avoid like the black plague and then I can move on for cheap as chips ;)

I came here today to look for views on the Parkland estate too.

Im going to look at a house there this afternoon and was looking for peoples opinions, as the threads already go back to '06 as Katrin mentioned.

The answers already dont seem to have provided anything more than a discussion about the area as a whole. Does anyone actually live on the estate that can offer an opinion?

Thank you,

Nat

It is alright, you get a few idiots, but not many, and a lot less than there used to be.

I came here today to look for views on the Parkland estate too.

Im going to look at a house there this afternoon and was looking for peoples opinions, as the threads already go back to '06 as Katrin mentioned.

The answers already dont seem to have provided anything more than a discussion about the area as a whole. Does anyone actually live on the estate that can offer an opinion?

Thank you,

Nat

Hi

Seems you have not read mine and others

Hi

Seems you have not read mine and others

No, I have. But all I see is discussions about the reputation of the Manor. Im looking for people who live there right now that can say what its like.

Hi

where the new houses are it has the lowest crime rate in the Sheffield central district of Sheffield and if i can say this in comparison Intake is a dump, the houses are small in my opinion they are not family houses but i think all new build houses are the same, going back to the crime rate i might add that if some one sees a crime being committed round here people ring the police not like the people on the old manor

I live on the so called manor although they dont call it the manor were i live they call it Balmoral:)

I lived on the manor all my life until we had to move for personal reasons. Not once in all that time did i have any trouble, my old man still lives on there and contrary to what the smart arse is writing the place does not drag you down and the majority of the houses on the park lands development (yes that's right smart arse its the name of the development no the re branded estate name) are of a decent size and well worth the money ( i lived in one for a while).

And so what if the majority of the people that own them used to live on the manor old they got the chance to buy a property and they took it oooooh shock horror, most of the people are decent law abiding citizens with a strong sence of community spirit the estate only has a reputation as people harp on about what it was like 20YEARS AGO. As soon as i get the oppurunitty ill move back there and believe me mate its got nothing to do with me not been able to reak free from the place and its certainlly got nothing to do with me only been able to afford a ''little'' house.

r u radio rental 20 years ago it was awsome everyone was freinds or family was the odd hard big family but most got on and crime was low streets was safe and no one shat on there own door step so to speak was born on woodthorpe close and childhood was good hard but good but have always kept contact with the area and ppl and family up there the place is a toilet now with scum and limescale round it,s rim be honest if you live there now or have done how many times you be burgled or had your car stolen /damaged or robbed from can you leave items of value out over night the old school who have lived there and still have family up there find it safe ok and a alright place . as they are known ???? but for the new ppl to move there from out of town ect you will find it hell. just poping to the local shops and getting past the hoodies is a chore

r u radio rental 20 years ago it was awsome everyone was freinds or family was the odd hard big family but most got on and crime was low streets was safe and no one shat on there own door step so to speak was born on woodthorpe close and childhood was good hard but good but have always kept contact with the area and ppl and family up there the place is a toilet now with scum and limescale round it,s rim be honest if you live there now or have done how many times you be burgled or had your car stolen /damaged or robbed from can you leave items of value out over night the old school who have lived there and still have family up there find it safe ok and a alright place . as they are known ???? but for the new ppl to move there from out of town ect you will find it hell. just poping to the local shops and getting past the hoodies is a chore

Living in Woodthorpe obviously did wonders for your education. The spelling and grammar on show here is second to none.

Phylis, Woodthorpe Close was on the Manor, not Woodthorpe.. :)

Simon, I agree with some of the things you say about the Manor 20 odd years ago, but theres alot I don't.. People DID sh*t on each others doorsteps and quite often too.. We were the victims on a few occasions.. Coming home from our holidays to find our house had been burgled and our things thrown all over the place, and they literally DID sh*t in our house...

I can still see the picture in my mind of our front room when we walked in.. I was heartbroke when I saw all my toys broken into pieces and just strewn all over..

It wasn't just us either.. A few other of our neighbours on Woodthorpe Close got burgled a few times too..

Im not saying its without its problems but where is. I know that tits got a reputation and that is all it is, I wouldnt leave my house unlocked any where its not the manor its England theres little t**** wherever you live, intake and gleadless are snided with little chavs my wifes mum got her hand bag snatched on charnock does that make it bad?

I am on the estate daily and cannot fault the place fair enough its not known for its night life but is Sheffield?