Trouble with Family Fund

Just wanted to ask if anyone is with 'family fund' basically its for parents who have disabled children and you can apply for grants for things such as money towards a 'haven' holiday and to buy a trampoline for the child.

The reason why i am asking is because i found out my son has Autisum at the end of march, then someone told me about the family fund so i googled it and reserched it and applied, this was at easter weekend. They got my application but to this day i have not got the grant yet. on the 23rd July i got a letter from them asking for proof of ID like bank statment and proof of my sons DLA which i sent back, but its taking forever, when i phone them up i am on the phone around 40 mins before i can get to talk to someone.

I can understand they might be busy, but i thought that i could get a trampoline for my son for the summer, but i still havent got that grant thats if they gave me one!

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

that does seem a long time to process a request i would get back on to them also its quiet normal to wait ages to get through but in the end its well worth it once your in the system my boys have had alsorts that have benefited them over the years, you could always write a letter stating your worry hope that helps xx

Have you tried emailing them? We have been lucky enough to have a FF grant for the last 4 years. We were lucky in that once the initial home visit had taken place, ours was awarded very quickly. This year I had lost my FF number so emailed them and they replied the same day! I applied online this year and recieved it in less than 2 weeks!

I did ring up Family Fund after a 50 minute wait on the phone, Basically they told me theres a big backlog of applications (well for new applications)

Just yesterday i did recieve a letter and i have been accepted for the grants.

I am very pleased with the outcome as for the amount just for the Haven holiday itself as they gave me enough money to book a holiday to great yarmouth at seashore haven for 1 week next june in a 'prestige' caravan (which is the best accomodation) and a 4 night break at blackpool haven at the start of november to see the lights as the kids will love that.

They gave me a grant for a trampoline and also a clothing allowance for my son.

There would be no chance of doing all this without family fund as i wouldnt of been able to afford it. Thanks to family fund i now can.

Thanks for the tips all....:hihi:

Hi, I have 2 children with a disability, both receive the middle rate for care and the low rate for mobility, would I be eligable?

Hi, I have 2 children with a disability, both receive the middle rate for care and the low rate for mobility, would I be eligable?

You may be. I know it's means tested but I'm not sure what the figures are. There's no harm in trying ,the worst they can say is no but you could be pleasantly surprised by what they award you if you are eligible. Go for it :)

Here is the bit on the website that says who will bw eligable

If you live in England, you can apply if you can say Yes to all of the following:

•You are the parent or carer of a severely disabled child aged 17 or under

•Your household’s earned income before tax, excluding any overtime, is less than £23,000 per year OR your income is entirely from benefits

•You have less than £18,000 in savings

•You have permanent residency in the UK and have lived in the UK for six months

We cannot help children and young people in local authority care, including those living with relatives or foster carers.

website is http://www.familyfund.org.uk

We have the familiy fund forms here at SIGN - if you would like us to send you one out you can phone us on 0114 266 9476 or email on [email protected]

Its a good idea to email the family fund as these are replied to quite quickly.

There telephone answering service is a little poor to say the least.

In regards to the application it is always worth sending all documents along with the application so there is no delay.