Home needed for whippet cross bitch

Reason for Rehome / Sale - stray I am unable to keep.

Time Scale – How Urgent? - As soon as possible

Sale Amount - free

Has the Dog been in Rescue - not as far as I know

Location - Crookes, Sheffield

Age & Sex - female, approx 3years

Breed/ Mix - black whippet cross

KC Registered - No

Approximate size - average whippet size

Exercise Needed - has been content with two 20 min walks, chasing her ball around, but would be equally content on a long hike.

Neutered & Micro chipped - possibly spayed. Not chipped

Vaccinated & Wormed - yes, both

Live in / out - I would say she is an indoor dog.

Ever lived with other cats/dogs/other animals - not known

Any Current or Historical Health or Psychological Issues - None. Has been checked by vet and is fit and well

Temperament - fantastic, clean in house, loves everyone.

Good or Bad with Children - great with children, very kind and gentle

Dislike of Men or Women - likes everyone

OK with Dogs / Cats/other Animals - great with other dogs, not sure about other animals.

Travel OK in Car - great in car, just settles off to sleep.

Left happily alone in the House for How Long at a time - has been left for a few hours with no problems. I Imagine she could be left for quite a long time, she is very chilled (as long as you don't mind leaving her on the sofa!)

Destructive Behaviour - not at all

Barks - Has barked a couple of times at dogs when she has been tied up. She has also barked once or twice at the post!!

Pull on the lead - yes, but she is a fairly small dog and learns quick.

Crate trained - no

Housetrained - yes, has never made any mess in the house.

General Information you can share about the Dog.

I found this dog as a stray around a couple of weeks ago. She is fantastic with my three year old son. She is very clean in the house and is good when left. She is friendly with everyone but is quiet in the house. She will happily go for a long walk, chase a ball around or chill out on the sofa. I am not sure if she would be suitable with cats or small animals as she is quite keen on chasing squirrels when outside. I cannot say what she would be like with a cat indoors though.

I have had her checked by a vet, who thinks she has been spayed as he could see a small scar, but could not be sure. I she has been checked over, de-flead adn vaccinated. I am unable to keep her for personal reasons, but she will make a fantastic pet for a family, couple or single person. she is great with my 3 year old son, very calm and gently around him.

hi just a quick question did you inform the dog warden that you had this dog and recieve a found dog pack. if not they may have reports about this dog missing from the owners. cheers

I am leaving this open for the op's response, BabyBoo you cannot legally re-home this dog in this way, you need to report it to the dog warden to give her owner chance to claim her.

Sorry, should have made this clear. I have informed the dog warden, spoken to local vet and local dog wardens and police. No-one has come forward to claim her. When I found her she was extremely skinny but is now looking much healthier. I have also spoken to local dog walkers etc and no-one has seen her before and no-one has come forward to claim her. I am reluctant to take her down to the dog pound but am unable to keep her myself.

Sorry, should have made this clear. I have informed the dog warden, spoken to local vet and local dog wardens and police. No-one has come forward to claim her. When I found her she was extremely skinny but is now looking much healthier. I have also spoken to local dog walkers etc and no-one has seen her before and no-one has come forward to claim her. I am reluctant to take her down to the dog pound but am unable to keep her myself.

It would be a shame to take her to the pound whippets can be very sensitive little dogs and she probably would be really upset.

It's very good of you to take her in and take care of her as you have done, I hope that she finds a lovely home...if only I had a spare place by the fire :)