Ugg boots ugly or fashionable?

I don't see how "ugly" and "fashionable" are mutually exclusive. Most of the things that the fashion gurus rave about at Royal Ascot are absolutley hideous, but because it's Lady Someone wearing them, they're the height of fashion.

I don't see how "ugly" and "fashionable" are mutually exclusive. Most of the things that the fashion gurus rave about at Royal Ascot are absolutley hideous, but because it's Lady Someone wearing them, they're the height of fashion.

Precisely - Uggs are both ugly and fashionable (to a point).

ive wanted a pair of ugg boots for ages now, so i was going to get a pair this morning, however my hubby says they are disgusting boots and look terrible, so it looks like that idea is out of the window.

so from a males perspective, do you think they look nice on women or do you agree with my hubby?

Dedicated follower of fashion?....I always wear what I feel comfortable in and what I think I look good in. Fashions are changing all the time. People get degrees in marketing to keep you BUYING!....That is their job!....Gullibility is not a virtue!

well, they're comfy i guess!! it does depend on your legs though to be honest. if you're short, they don't do many favours as they're quite 'thick' if you get me. but if you like them, who's anyone else to say?! not waterproof though

They are pretty awful if they are what I think they are.

Pretty expensive aswell.

Although if you like them fair enough.

I was an Ugg virgin until a few months ago. Haven't really got my money's worth in terms of it being too hot/wet to wear them regularly but they are lovely and comfortable (will start wearing them at home as the weather turns coooolllllldddddddeeeerr).

And I have somehow got chatted up by random totty whilst wearing them so I don't think they are such a passion killer! Like a lot of clothes, I guess it just depends how you work them into your outfit. They seem to work quite well with a fitted dress or shortish skirt (mine are tallish chocolate brown ones, so look a bit more formal than the short sandy ones)

Enjoy your Uggs! :)

I keep hearing them mentioned and had no idea what they were, now I know.

They don't do it for me, but it's down to individual taste. The pic in the link struck me as looking like something for the.....errmmm....."more mature lady".

Personally, I prefer something like these.

By chucking out the idea of getting some boots that you've apparently liked and wanted for ages? That's not keeping the marriage alive. That's letting him dictate to you about something as fundamental as what you want to wear. Good grief. If you like the boots, get them!

Uggs were big a year or two ago, weren't they? From a fashion perspective, I think they've had their day. But hey, what do I know? I wear tie dye skirts :hihi: .

Get the boots, if you like them. They look comfy. Give your husband a kick in the shins while wearing them :hihi: .

Go get 'em, boots.:hihi:

Get the boots, if you like them. They look comfy. Give your husband a kick in the shins while wearing them :hihi: .

Nah, there's no point kicking anyone whilst wearing them. They'll laugh at you while you're limping about and swearing, having hurt your toes on their shins, leading to total humiliation.

Personally I don't care whether anyone else likes them. They're comfortable and warm and I'm not answerable to anyone else when choosing what to wear.

*currently sporting a pair of ankle length sheepskin slippers which look rather like a certain sort of boot*