Anyone know what the hell this is ?

found this in the window today dint know wot i was so i killed it. http://tinypic.com/r/rrnxx5/3

it had a very loud agressive buzz, and dont know what the hell that is sticking out the back, maybe a sting or something. it was massive it was about a inch or so, and the legs was pritty long too.

has anybody seen 1 before ?

eeeeewwwwww nope not seen one of those before looks angry tho :)

found this in the window today dint know wot i was so i killed it.

ROTFL! This really made me laugh, and I'm not sure why!

It looks like a horntail. It is (was) harmless:

The Greater Woodwasp or Horntail Wasp, Urocerus gigas is a large yellow and black insect with a conspicuous

needle-like projection at it’s tail end. Although often mistaken for a sting this is in fact the ovipositor, or an egg-laying organ. Their large and formidable appearance often causes concern; however woodwasps are quite harmless and are unable to sting or cause any harm.

we had one like that last week. It was like a angry daddy long leg type with a sting type like stick that was not small, I thought it could have been some kind of mosquito, but i never seen mosquito here befor so not sure if we get them.

I think it's a spider wasp. It looks like this one. Just scroll down when you get to the page. But can't see the antena clearly on yours.

Also, I searched for ones in UK and I got this...

You might might have more, hiding in the cracks on your walls :gag:

this country is gerin worse i see more insects everyday that ive never seen before in my life but dont want to go near it because i dont know wot its capable of.

Yeah I agree with the hook, looks like a spderwasp and I suspect the sting like thing protruding from its hiney is the poor little fellows lovetube.

It looks like a horntail. It is (was) harmless:

It's even more harmless now - if you can be more harmless.

I was expecting it to be a species unknown to science, so for it not to be is a relief.

Guest sibon

It is a bit hard to tell from the photo. It's certainly some kind of parasitic wasp, possibly an ichneumon wasp. The sticky out thing isn't a sting, it is an ovipositor.