Does anyone know of any Springers in need of a new home?

still looking as dogs seem either too far or aren't good with children or a little too old, have left messsage with all the contacts on the springer sites etc to keep us in mind, can't seem to find the dog mentioned on rotherham rescue.

surely there is a little springer out there somewhere that needs a loving home.

I can't believe you've not managed to find one yet! I have taken in 3 rescue springers from all over the place in the last 2 years.

Have you posted a request on dogpages and itsaspringthing? Also, get your name down with all the local kennels, rspca's, thornberry, millhouses etc. I am sure something will come along soon enough.

It might be worth contacting South Yorkshire Police dog section. They use springers for drugs dogs and sometimes have dogs that are not suitable for this for one reason or another but would make good pets. They always re-home these dogs. They might also be able to put you in touch with rescues etc.

there is a male springer on rotherham rescues we page but he is 6 i think i wouldnt let that put you off though as you prob know they are mental even at 10 lol. my sisters is 7 nd hes still like pup

can you confirm site and link as called them and they say they have no springers etc

Here you go

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/springer-spaniels.htm

Both are spaniel rescues - and have lots in

The South Yorkshire branch board theirs at kennels near barnsley - maybe thats where you are getting confused. Keep phoning - they are always always busy as they are a voluntary organisation trying their best to help - and I don't know how many people are involved - but if you can manage to get just one of them out of rescue kennels - thats space for another one to be helped.

These dogs are too active to be just sat around lazing all day.

Good luck

I was going to put the NESSR link on but Rain have already done so - don't rely on the web pages ,keep phoning them.