Are there any Art therapist or AT students on the Forum?

Just wondered? I've done my first year of the MA in Australia and hopefully will be completing at Sheff in Autumn (fingers crossed!). Just wondered if anyone out there had done the Sheff course and how they found it? I dont know any other AT's in Sheff at the min, so would be nice to have a chat.

Anyone? Come on there must be?

so I'll take that as a no. then?

have you tried contacting some of the local organisations? I can probably put you in touch with some f you like

hello- im thinking about doing a art/play therapist course not sure what one. how long is ur course?

Have just finished doing ma in social work so would be too much to go staright on to do another long course. Maybe if it was part time.

The MA is 2 years full time and 3 part at most Uni's. I must say its pretty hard work as depending on where you go there's a day or 2 in Uni and a 2 day placement. So it can be tricky to earn a living, unless you already work for an organisation which will support you and maybe come to an arrangement where you can do your placement at work. I'm really looking forward to going back in Sept but a bit scared as I know the awful work load thats coming! However, I would say it's all been hugely interesting and rewarding!! Are you feeling that social work's not quite right for you?